Recent content by otto21

  1. O

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Ugh I’m so sorry to hear this and really had not even heard of it before. I hope something will help!
  2. O

    Revision TKR 3+ months LK Revision

    I had this and it did absolutely nothing for me other than maybe a couple days of pain reduction. The $5k cost however has been even more painful (this is after insurance and I did not expect it)
  3. O

    Knee Infection* Delayed Prosthetic Joint Infection

    I first I am so sorry to hear that the infection returned, heartbreaking after feeling so well! I also had an infection but acute (5 weeks post op) and I’ve been on antibiotics since October. 6 weeks of iv and I’ve been in oral doxy for about 5.5 months now. I’m fortunate that the doxy has not...
  4. O

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Best of luck to you, I’m so sorry this has happened and you have been an inspiration. I look forward to hearing about your finally pain free life!
  5. O

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    So sorry to hear this, and you have had such a great attitude throughout it all. I hope I am like you if my infection comes back (am month four of six oral doxy after 6 weeks Iv antibiotics and a debridement). Thinking of you and hoping things get better.
  6. O

    Amputation Left Above-Knee Amputation, 22 April 2025

    Do they typically do iv antibiotics and rifampin after the stage two? That is surprising as I thought the idea was that the infection is gone at that point. How long do you have to take them for?
  7. O

    Knee Infection* LATE Chronic infection, 4 years after TKR

    I am so sorry you’re dealing with this!! What a nightmare when you just wanted to improve your quality of life getting a TKR. Unfortunately you will need an antibiotic so I pray they can find one that you can tolerate. The last thing you need to worry about is PT honestly. I had an infection and...
  8. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    But interestingly it’s usually a new bacteria. I am sure there is more risk for me but I can’t walk on the left knee and I’m only 55.
  9. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    good question. I am getting blood work in a month and then he said once I’m off the oral he will want to wait 6 months and then check again. I assume it will be based on bloodwork as well as clinical symptoms but I agree, I do not want two infected knees so I’ll inquire when we get there as to...
  10. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    Just a quick update, I got a second opinion from another infectious disease doctor. He wants me on a different antibiotic for at least another three months if not, six months. Then a period of six months with nothing so that we can check and make sure that it doesn’t come back and then I would...
  11. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    I had staph aureus. I am getting a second opinion next week as to my short course of oral meds. I see you have the opposite problem as me!
  12. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    Thanks all, the only risk factor I have right now is this infection. It was either from the surgery itself or somehow I had an staph infection I didn’t know about? I dunno. The incision was perfectly healed with no issues and my surgeon said there was no infection near the incision but it was...
  13. O

    Knee Infection* RTKR infection recovery and question

    Hi all, long time reader first post lol. I had RTKR on 9/5/2024 and unfortunately got an infection at week 5 after a near perfect, easy recovery. Did the debridement and six weeks of IV antibiotics. Working on oral antibiotics now but my ID doc is of the “shorter is better” philosophy for...
Back
Top Bottom