Recent content by otisbeagle

  1. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Fit4Family Try to stay positive if you can!! Things will improve!
  2. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Josephine, thanks for the article on Murray! I’ve been following his hip woes over the last few years, and I’m so happy that the fourth member of the “Big 4” will be back (though I am a rabid Rafa Nadal fan!). What fun watching him team up with Serena at Wimbledon this year!! He seems like a...
  3. O

    THR I just turned 30...facing possible THR and pretty nervous.

    Hiya!! Sounds like you’re really suffering. Frankly, your disability is so severe that you’re likely to feel more functional days after you get your new hip. I am a 43 year old mother of a toddler with previously undiagnosed hip dysplasia. By the time I had the surgery, I couldn’t walk a...
  4. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Hi folks! Just an update: after one major setback (tripping up the stairs, which set me back about 10 days), my hip is doing much, much better. Within the last few days, even hoisting my leg up doesn’t hurt, nor does getting into the car. But I’m going to wait till I’m closer to 100% before...
  5. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Oh!! I didn’t understand that it was a tooth issue either!! Hope you’re doing better, Cathippy! Update: after two weeks of nothing but upper body exercise and walking, I was doing a lot better. Then last Thursday, I tripped up the stairs carrying laundry and badly jammed my hip. So that...
  6. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Thanks for the advice, Josephine! I am avoiding all lower body exercise. Just doing some upper body stuff that doesn’t engage the lower body and some light walking (and trying to walk rather than run after our toddler). Also doing a bit of icing now, since it feels good in the heat!
  7. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Josephine Thank you again for reading and commenting. Do you think my symptoms sound like psoas tendonitis, and do you really think they will go away without intervention??
  8. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Ptarmigan Thank you for the sage advice. You make excellent points, and I am going to take some time off from exercise to see whether that makes a difference. My right inner thigh and glute also feel a bit sore today, so maybe I really do need a break. If that doesn’t help, then I’ll go to...
  9. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    No exercising?!? Haha!! Oh geez!! 2-3 months is a long time. I have never taken that much time off in my life. I even worked out while pregnant. Do you think upper body exercises and walking would be ok? I just went on the stationary bike, and I noticed that my inner thigh is a bit sore...
  10. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Josephine Thank you!! I’m thinking that the pain might also move a little higher than I indicated when I lift my leg high—perhaps R2FV 1. Anterior, Nov 7 2018 2. At this point, my pain is 1 when sitting, standing, stationary cycling or walking. When I get into the car or into bed, there is...
  11. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    @Josephine Oops, I meant R2F-W. It’s on my right side (I am a spatial relationally-challenged lefty!!)
  12. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Thank you, Josephine! Please ask away! The pain is located around L2F v or W (kind of deep in there, I think). I have only hit balls on the tennis court four or five times—under an hour of singles but I wasn’t running down balls in a big way. Once this injury started, the tennis bothered...
  13. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Thank you so much, Josephine. What do you think about my predicament?
  14. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    I eased into it, and only ran once or twice a week max. Been doing weighted exercises since PT, which went well for me. But yes, I do a fair amount of exercise that could be taxing that side of the body. I am also realizing that I sit on a kitchen counter stool a lot (cause I have to keep my...
  15. O

    THR New hip amidst fire evacuations!<

    Thank you so much, Layla!! I’ve been reading about Iliopsoas Tendonitis, and it has me scared that this will require surgery or many months of recovery. My symptoms sound exactly like it, but of course I don’t know for sure, and it’s unclear how serious it is. Man, I hope this resolves itself...
Back
Top Bottom