Recent content by Oldladyrunner

  1. Oldladyrunner

    Welcome to the April Rainbows 2025 Knee Recovery Club

    LTKR on April 29,2025. Had robotic surgery. Was under the impression that recovery would be easier than last TKR 9 1/2 years ago. Could be my age or fitness level, but the front of my leg has been very tender to the touch, warm and redder than the right leg. Leg had great range of motion post op...
  2. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    5 months out, I can now sleep without Tramadol, or any meds. Just got back from Walt Disney World, where I did a 5K (3.1 miles), and walked all over ( between 10 and 13 miles/day). I will admit I took a Tramadol, naprosen and 2 tylenols on the day of my 5K, and only did a 20 minute/mile pace...
  3. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    I'm down to naproxen in the morning and a Tramadol in the middle of the night, when I get restless legs. Any thoughts on what I can take for the restless legs?
  4. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    I still take it at night and when I get up in the morning. I'm able to get by after that without any, unless I go to PT. Since I've decided I no longer need PT, I should be okay to go without during the afternoon and early evening. ROM is at 132, and I'm still taking perscription Naproxen...
  5. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    Cancelled my PT. Feeling very lazy because it's cold. Yeah, California cold is different than everyone else's cold. I'm being a baby. Pain level is about 2-3. Should I be still taking Tramadol or should I be considering this normal?
  6. Oldladyrunner

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    You might ask your OS if you can also take Naprosyn (industrial strength anti-inflammatory), in addition to the Tram and Tylenol. That's been the only way I could sleep up until a few days ago. I've stopped my PT because I have to go back on the Tram for 2 days after.
  7. Oldladyrunner

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Amazon gift card. You can get anything at Amazon.
  8. Oldladyrunner

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Wow! You got a great work environment and boss. I worked until age 71, under a crappy boss. I had 320 hours of sick leave accumulated, but I was too healthy to use them, so I lost them. After I retired, my knee went downhill. However, since I'm on Medicare, with a Kaiser Senior Advantage...
  9. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    Extension is very close to 0. I'm terrible at resistance exercises at home, so every 2 weeks, when I go to PT, I wind up with sore muscles as well as the swelling in my knee. I really don't think I need any more PT classes, so I guess I'll get my nerve up and tell my therapist. I'm still having...
  10. Oldladyrunner

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    Are you eligible for State Disability? I would go on that before I went back to work if you're in any pain.
  11. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    Well, I have been kicked out of the beginning PT class. I'm now in the advanced class. The only difference is that I do the excercises unsupervised. I'm sore after yesterday's PT, and am icing and elevating. ROM is 132 at 11 weeks.
  12. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    10 weeks now. I'm able to sleep without meds for the last 3 days. Still need one dose first thing in the morning. I really need to walk more.Thanksgiving dinner was rough on my knee and I've been resting and elevating since.
  13. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    Yeah, I was able to ride up to my surgery, but was unable to walk more than a half block before I had knee pain. The last ride was starting to feel a little uncomfortable though.
  14. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    Why is it harder to walk than to bicycle? 5 miles on my bike was so much easier than 2.2 miles on foot.
  15. Oldladyrunner

    TKR Progress report

    @Clipless , yeah, it's going to be awhile before I can touch my butt with my right heel.
Back
Top Bottom