Recent content by OldFootballInjury

  1. O

    TKR 1 week post op

    Hang in there, every day forward means a day that your getting better. I am post op almost two years and I run about 18 miles a week! Were about the same age, so you have a lot to look forward too! Everyone says don't worry about the pain meds, but I would caution that Opiods are...
  2. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Can't believe it has been 8 months since my life changed dramatically! I am amazed at how great my leg feels, and really have no limits any more in my activities. I can sprint, run, play soccer, basketball, softball and pretty much anything my young boys want to do in the evenings after work...
  3. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Today was my 5 month anniversary of my TKR. Leg is doing great! I have all of my stamina back, and am averaging about 8 miles a week running. Started out at a slow walk/run, but am up to 11 minute miles, now! Not super fast, but each week it gets easier and my leg gets stronger. It's so...
  4. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Great weekend in St. Louis weather wise, decided to try out a game of wiffle ball with my boys, and was surprised how agile I was able to be running the bases. Leg feels great, even tried a 2.5 mile run on Sunday. When I got home I hit the couch and put my leg up and iced it for an hour, and...
  5. O

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    I remember when the bruising started showing itself on my leg, I have to say I was freaked out by it at first. I thought I had done something wrong:) It took about a week and a half to subside, and then from time to time I would get a small spot bruise on my calf/shin from overdoing things...
  6. O

    TKR TKR surprised at my progress<

    It sounds like you are doing Great! Congrats on your surgery! I progressed relatively fast, but I did learn very early on (thanks to this website and my own doing), that there isn't any value in overdoing it, and just makes you uncomfortable. I am about 14 -15 weeks out now, and am doing...
  7. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Great Week! Finally made it a whole mile running without stopping. legs was tired, but not overly sore. I'd like to think I can continue to run further, but I am not sure it's practical. I think a mile will be good for me long term, it's way more than I could have dreamed, so I am so happy...
  8. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Been doing lunges, P90X legs and Yoga and running the past few weeks. One of my goals was to be able to run up a hill that is about 1/4 mile in length and be able to do it without stopping. took me a couple of weeks, but finally made it this weekend without stopping! Today, my 11 year old...
  9. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    @jarabas, yes it feels great to be able to be so active and be free of the intense pain. This past week I have kept up the pace, and I can already tell that the muscles in my atrophied leg is starting to improve. Got the opportunity to help coach my son's track team this year, and they had...
  10. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    I had my 3 month Checkup with the OS, and all is good. He released me and said start building up the quads and hamstrings in my leg, so I can start running again. Flexion was 130 and 0, he was good with that, but thinks there is more to go! Started doing P90X this week, and found that I...
  11. O

    Revision TKR LCL, Popliteal, IT Band . . . ungodly pain...update

    Wow, there is a lot of things going on with you specifically around things that can cause addiction. I am not one to judge and I fully understand the pain related with a TKR, but after reading your comments, I have to say I want to encourage you in every way to find an alternative solution to...
  12. O

    PKR My recovery begins<

    I have never heard of Soft Bones before, that must be very nerve wracking after having a PKR. I hope it works out OK, must be tough to not be able to walk on it for 3 weeks... At least you will have 3 weeks without having a PT trying to bend your knee to it's breaking point:)
  13. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    Yesterday I learned a tough lesson. It was 70 in MO, and for once we could be outside without freezing... After work, I came home and cleaned the garage, went for a bike ride and then took my boys to the baseball fields to hit them some fly balls. Well, you know the rest, by 7, I was in...
  14. O

    PKR Return to work at week 6?

    I returned to work in 3 weeks, as I sit at a desk all day. I brought a zero gravity chair into the office to keep my leg up and that helped some, but as others have stated, it swelled up every day! By 2 - 3 p.m. I was physically exhausted and had to go home and sleep after work. I found...
  15. O

    TKR LKR 6 Jan, 16 Questions<

    I met with the PT last night, and they said it was normal muscle issues from Atrophy. On a side note, I made it to 126 ROM last night! Super happy bout that!
Back
Top Bottom