Recent content by Nylsor

  1. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Oh no! I'll have to miss the feast on the Goshporch. I'm currently sitting at Calgary airport waiting for the coach to depart for Banff. Mike and I are so delighted at the great and most welcome news of your daughter, ByGosh. You must be so relieved and we're sure that she will make a speedy...
  2. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Thinking of all your family and especially your daughter. We hope and pray that all will be well. Loving thoughts Rosxxx:flwrysmile: :flwrysmile: :flwrysmile:
  3. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Aah my dear friend ByGosh - I'm so pleased that you have posted but so sorry to hear about your worries with your husband and daughter. Yes - it's amazing how other happenings / events in our dear ones lives come to the fore and the events in our own lives go more to the back of our minds. I...
  4. Nylsor

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi Kim22 - to relieve your anxiety why don't you make an appointment at a private hospital with an OS and get some x-rays done of the unoperated side. You don't need a referral with some OS's.Then the OS will tell you if the OA is progressing and whether you need surgery. That's what I had to do...
  5. Nylsor

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi Kim22 you're not being negative at all. You are just responding to pain and anxiety. I do hope that the Tramadol work for you like they did for me. I honestly think that we compensate on our 'good'' side through habit. And then it plays up. And I don't for one second believe these folk who...
  6. Nylsor

    THR Spring in my step

    Hi Kim22 - I didn't know that you were having a prob with your non-operated leg and I'm so sorry. Can you remember my post when I said I felt as if I was going backwards? I had exactly the same pain as you are having now and as I know that I have OS on that side I was sure that it was kicking...
  7. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Good morning all! A change from the Fantasy Cruise. This is the very first week since my op at the end of February when I have been totally pain free. I haven't had to take as much as an Ibuprofen.:happydance:In fact, it's the first time I've been pain free since April 2012. It feels so good. I...
  8. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    :flwrysmile: ByGosh - we will have to build fantasy airports on some of the smaller islands then! Many of them don't have airports - Paxos, Ithaka, Patmos, etc. as well as many others. They can only be accessed by FERRY! :flwrysmile: Rosxx
  9. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    It certainly wasn't me. I think it was you, Glynis. I've been absent while you lot have been sitting around on the Goshporch planning the Fantasy cruise and drinking a rhubarb concoction made by ByGosh. quote="glynis, post: 499130, member: 5810"] think most of us will pass on all that kissing...
  10. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Wow! I'm not sure what ferry you went on but the one we travelled on was an actual car ferry which we drove our hire car on to. On parking the car we simply went up a flight of steps and into a lounge where we purchased coffee / food and went to the loo. We drove off on arrival 45 minutes later...
  11. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    So sorry Poppet - how could I have missed you out? You were over the page and I put the names on last! You lose the text if you go back a page before posting. And I'd love to visit Australia and New Zealand again. Mr Nylsor won't go as he doesn't't like spending an entire day in a plane to get...
  12. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    ByGosh, LeeApril26, Kim22, glynis, Kylesh, nmscienceteacher, anniemg, Butterfly, sqwerlie, zauberflöte octopus and everyone else who is on the previous pages - well, I can't believe it! I turn my back for a week and you're all off on a fantasy cruise around the Greek Islands - my favourite part...
  13. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Mmm... I'm not sure that it is Songlady. I've just looked at the British Council site re the use of the definite article with names / titles to make sure of my knowledge as it is some time since I had to address English grammar in such detail. A bit like teaching advanced students! :wink: You...
  14. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Because 'the' when used before a name is a definite article. And she's the only one bearing this title. I was an English teacher - this is another reason why I know a lot about the Royals - foreign students are fascinated by them and want to know every little detail of their lives. I used to...
  15. Nylsor

    Bilateral THR ByGosh ByGolly ByLateral

    Hi Nancy - its a Greek cheese. Lovely for grilling. Widely available in supermarkets here and not madly expensive.My daughter's a vegetarian so I make lots of veggie stuff for her. I have to say that we like it as well.
Back
Top Bottom