Recent content by NWgirl

  1. NWgirl

    Bilateral TKR Here we go

    The poop fairy has visited. Coffee and Milk of Magnesia did the trick. I’ve showered, put on fresh pj’s, and contemplating short walk outside after a nap. All in all, things are going better than I expected.
  2. NWgirl

    Bilateral TKR Here we go

    I have an app on my phone called Pill Minder that gives me an alert when it’s time for meds. I’m nesting in my recliner, icing, elevating, napping along with walks to the bathroom. Just waiting for the poop fairy visit! My husband is taking very good care of me.
  3. NWgirl

    Bilateral TKR Here we go

    The surgery went well, and I’m home after 2 nights in the hospital. Ice is on and both legs are elevated. Now I’m working on figuring out the meds.
  4. NWgirl

    Bilateral TKR Here we go

    I’m getting the last few things ready in the house in preparation for BTKR. It’s hard to believe that the day is almost here. I want to get the surgery done and start focusing on recovery.
  5. NWgirl

    TKR The Journey Continues

    I’ll be right behind you with my surgery. Best wishes to you!
  6. NWgirl

    Starting the journey on Tuesday!

    Sorry, my mistake. I see you’re in the UK. Still ahead of me in Washington state.
  7. NWgirl

    Starting the journey on Tuesday!

    You and I will be May 1 surgery buddies, although since you’re in New Zealand you will already be recovering before I even head to the hospital. Best wishes for a successful surgery!
  8. NWgirl

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    @VonnieN I am still working. My last day will be April 29. It will be hard to leave my kiddos for the last 6 weeks of school, but I have a great sub lined up.
  9. NWgirl

    Anyone get an ice therapy machine?

    I bought 2 of the polar ice knee wraps since I’m having BTKR, and the Lounge Doctor. I’m also stocked up on ice packs, but I’ll ask my doctor about an ice machine.
  10. NWgirl

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    @VonnieN Good luck on your May 1 surgery. I’m a teacher, so I wanted to have BTKR so I will have plenty of time to heal before I need to think about school again in mid-August. It’s good to have other May surgery buddies.
  11. NWgirl

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    Hi @Cynrob, we love Portland! It’s a great city. Good luck on your surgery.
  12. NWgirl

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    I’m scheduled for bilateral TKR on May 1.
  13. NWgirl

    May BTKR surgery

    I’m scheduled for bilateral knee replacement surgery on May 1. I’ve been reading posts on this forum for the last year so I’m feeling well informed about what is ahead for me.
Back
Top Bottom