Bilateral TKR Here we go

For the first month, pain meds were my husband's bailiwick. He had a daily chart to keep track of what I needed and when, plus organized the daytime pills. Then, for night time, he used small containers with time and date on them for me to take. I didn't want to wake him constantly to give me meds, so I had a pill alarm set, a snack ready and then took the proper pills. If I had tried to do it on my own, I probably would have somehow managed, but I also suspect I would have made mistakes as my brain function wasn't spot on for a while. Granted, my reactions to meds caused glitches, but he was easily able to adjust his schedule.
 
I have an app on my phone called Pill Minder that gives me an alert when it’s time for meds. I’m nesting in my recliner, icing, elevating, napping along with walks to the bathroom. Just waiting for the poop fairy visit! My husband is taking very good care of me.
Hope the poop fairy arrived. Try strong coffee. That always gets me going but if you are on the strong pain relief it will be difficult, if not impossible, but i am warning you the first one is tough, so anything you can take that softens it up is good. :-O
 
The poop fairy has visited. Coffee and Milk of Magnesia did the trick. I’ve showered, put on fresh pj’s, and contemplating short walk outside after a nap. All in all, things are going better than I expected.
 
Excellent! A fairy visit and a shower equals bliss! Small pleasures in life!
 
glad to hear things are going well. I am enjoying the same recovery. I am trying to find a replacement for the tramadol. It makes me jittery and feeling sick. ice machine working well and managing the exercises. trying to improve extension I see the Dr in two weeks and then I will be in a week later for the second. very happy overall. do have some groin pain but I think that is because the quad has not taken over properly yet.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom