Recent content by NW_red

  1. N

    THR Hips done 8 weeks apart

    Good going getting them done! I am age 56. I did mine 3 months apart, but would have done the 2nd sooner if I could get on the surgeon's schedule that fast. I've had people tell me I'm brave doing them so fast, but being on those worn out joints any longer would be so much worse.
  2. N

    THR Kaye's 2nd hip recovery

    I'm checking in with a report to the group. At about 2 weeks my leg stopped being so tender and I was able to move it more easily. With this surgery I stayed on pain meds longer than on the first hip. I stayed on Tylenol until about 3.5 weeks.I have been much less moody than after hip # 1...
  3. N

    THR My second new hip on Wednesday!!

    I found several apps, downloaded them, tried 2, and did not like them. I have a spreadsheet with a column for each type of med, and times down the side. I just fill in the box when I take something.
  4. N

    THR I'm back & having issues with non operated hip

    I had my 2nd hip done about 3 months after the first one, and that was not too soon. Like you, the unoperated hip was really giving me a hard time. Most of my pain after the first surgery was in the unoperated hip. I reccomend you push for the 2nd hip as soon as possible. My OS said he...
  5. N

    THR Two Years Post THR and Life is Great!

    My feet get cold, especially at the start of the night. And I'm in relatively balmy Seattle! We've been putting a heating pad at my feet for the first hour or 2 of the night. After a few hours my feet are too toasty and we turn the pad off. I have my feet up on 2 or 3 pillows and the cold...
  6. N

    THR day 2 post op

    I have found Aleve (Naproxen sodium) to be very constipating for me. I have been on it long term to manage the arthritic pain. I've been getting prunes from Trader Joes, and 5-7 per day is about what it takes to offset 1 Aleve every 12 hours. My surgeon reccomends 650 mg Tylenol every 4...
  7. N

    THR Kaye's 2nd hip recovery

    Day 9... This hip is taking a lot longer to feel better than the first one. I can't seem to get comfortable, and right now I would love to be able to take a bath, soak in warm water and let the leg float. I talked to the surgeon about fainting. He said about 10% of hip replacement patients...
  8. N

    THR Kaye's 2nd hip recovery

    On 3/17/2015 I had my left hip replaced. I inherited hip dysplasia, and have had some hip pain (both hips) since my early 30s. This past year nothing I could do worked, and I decided it was time to get them done. I found an excellent surgeon who does Minimally Invasive Hip and Knee...
Back
Top Bottom