Recent content by Noxus

  1. Noxus

    THR Noxus recovery thread

    2 year update It's crazy to think back and remember the fear and uncertainty I had going into the surgery. The bar I had hoped to achieve was so laughably low that I just shake my head at what I was hoping for vs what I actually have. I have made a 100% recovery and there is nothing I can't do...
  2. Noxus

    THR Noxus recovery thread

    It gets easier. I'm very happy that the read meant something to you, I hope you tackle your recovery and get back to life on your terms quick.
  3. Noxus

    THR Noxus recovery thread

    Thank you! Hockey season just ended and though I only got in for the last month or two, it was really good to be back and pain free. Time to hang up the skates and bring out the mountain bike, snow is gone and it's summer time coming.
  4. Noxus

    THR Noxus recovery thread

    Well an update, the rhino brace inexplicably worked! Both boys have very very mild dysplasia now on the one side, but literally nothing to do about it. No surgery needed, no physio, nothing! Just annual screenings till they're 5 and then only come back if they start having pain or problems which...
  5. Noxus

    THR Diagnosed with bilateral acetabular protrusion at 37 - feeling a little lost!

    Very similar initial story for me. Never could cross my legs as a kid etc, femoral acetabular impingement in my 20s and putting off the hip replacement for a long time, having two young kids etc. Very very similar story. Well I'm 13 months out from my hip replacement, I'll be 38 next month and...
  6. Noxus

    THR Noxus recovery thread

    1 year post op (in 2 days) Well I'm sitting here trying to rest after struggling to climb the stairs.... Because I had such an intense legs workout yesterday. Being able to do heavy barbell squats and lunges until I felt legitimately nauseated is something that won't appeal to everyone, but...
  7. Noxus

    THR After surgery issue with Pulse sounding in ear

    I also had tachycardia post surgery for a month or two and felt my pulse and heard it regularly. It eventually went away on its own. One note about the celecoxib, it's proven to dramatically reduce your chances of developing heterotopic ossification, so might be worth looking into it a bit...
  8. Noxus

    THR Time to commit?

    Well, for what it's worth I barely had any pain at all most of the time, just really bad mobility. I worked out, played hockey etc. But eventually it got worse and to do those activities would push me out of that limited range and cause me pain and a limp and when I walked into the surgery...
  9. Noxus

    THR Time to commit?

    My kids were almost that exact age when I had mine done last March. You won't be a lot of help initially as I'm sure you know and it was a very difficult experience from that side of it for me. My wife had to do full kid duty as well as assisting me by cooking cleaning and basically everything...
  10. Noxus

    THR Fall 8 months post THR

    Two weeks ago while playing hockey I had a fall directly on my operated hip. Lots of bruising and soft tissue pain, but I was able to walk and squat down so while concerned I wasn't super worried. It feels fine now so clearly just a bruise. If you're walking around and it feels more or less okay...
  11. Noxus

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Right on! Got her fixed up finally and now you can recover and get everything you should have gotten from the original surgery. I'm happy to read of this resolution.
  12. Noxus

    THR New Here - THR - Day 21 Post Op - Encouragement Please!

    Just chiming in though you're clearly already doing well. But watching my upper body muscle shrivel away was very difficult for me, and by the time I was trying to get off crutches my operated leg was, I am not exaggerating, 20% at least smaller than my non op leg. I even showed a friend who was...
  13. Noxus

    THR THR Posterior - Slowly Healing

    Gentle stretching and letting the ROM improve naturally worked really well for me and allowed me to just get limber gradually. I can tuck my knee to my chin now or squat down with my butt brushing the floor without any problems. Don't overdo it!
  14. Noxus

    THR Concerns about THR coming soon

    37 years old here and took the plunge March 2024. I too questioned whether I should go for it or just deal with the pain and mobility loss. I sit here today genuinely baffled at how I used to live with the lack of mobility and pain I had. Best decision I've ever made. The recovery was tough but...
  15. Noxus

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Merry Christmas brother. Hang in there, I definitely understand the alpha work environment and what having a bad hip is like in it. You're not supposed to feel that way after the fix though. Just remember, work is work, not your life. Your wife and kids are what matter and they'll always love...
Back
Top Bottom