Recent content by nomoreski

  1. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    @Josephine or @bottomshollow could you add 3 month update to my thread title? Hi to all! I have been quietly recovering since my last post. I had a bit of a bump in the road with scar tissue bindng me down on my left leg. Stuck at 80* flexion. I did have a manipulation and my Ortho confirmed...
  2. nomoreski

    TKR Painful Recovery

    Hi. I also am having IT band issues post op...had it pre op too. I had been using a tennis ball for self massage, but my hands have been so stiff since surgery, i am having trouble with the ball. I tried my rolling pin...but it is waaay to big so went on a search and came across a printer's...
  3. nomoreski

    TKR Glamg1979 Has a Brand New Left Knee!!

    Glamg! Welcome to recovery. Sounds like you are doing swimmingly! Keep it up and you will be "running around" in no time.
  4. nomoreski

    TKR Sleep deprived

    While at Rehab, the Dr ordered Trazadone specifically for sleeping. Fortunately I have been able to sleep pretty consistently through the night. Except for waking up to take medication.:doh: since the trazadone was started so early in my recovery, I don't know if the trazodone was the answer...
  5. nomoreski

    Revision TKR HELP - 16 months out and in pain<

    So happy for you! It is so nice to hear of such an amazing and speedy recovery. You GO girl!
  6. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    Relaxing with my Suki girl. Good to be home!
  7. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    @Glamg1979 i went to Lahey in burlington. We are lucky around here! I was ready to move to Florida last winter. Fingers crossed we don't have a repeat!
  8. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    @Josephine Oy Vey! I feel a fool! LOL...your answer actually makes more sense, but you know...at the time, when it is hurting and the MD explains it so naturally. He didn't even hesitate. I just sucked it up like ambrosia! Glad to have your clear head on this!
  9. nomoreski

    TKR Knee replacement PT question

    @Josephine, i think my drug addled brain may have done a poor job on this. What i was trying to say is that I had great care for both my shoulders. For some reason restraint with PT seems to be normal for shoulders. Maybe because pushing causes it to rear and reqire surgery to fix it, so the...
  10. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    @Glamg1979 Small world. I live in lexington and work in arlington!
  11. nomoreski

    TKR Knee replacement PT question

    @Celle I have always considered myself an "if pain, no gain" therapist, but it makes wonder. I am not new to surgeries either.. I've had surgery for bilateral rotator cuff tear repair and never had issue with my therapist paying attention or holding off if i even whispered discomfort. Any...
  12. nomoreski

    Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

    :flwrysmile: I am home! My legs are up, my cold packs are placed..just waiting for the cats to stop freaking out with the walker. All is good!
  13. nomoreski

    TKR Swmrgirl Is Up For Air

    @swmrgirl i have been having a "hangover" headache along with a back of the neck/bottom of the skull ache that i am blaming on postitioning during surgery (intubated) and then lots of walking with my shoulders and neck tightening. Tylenol has helped and being aware of my body has helped.
  14. nomoreski

    TKR Knee replacement PT question

    @lilyfair I am a PT and totally recommed stopping PT. Being first time on the recovery side, i am sorry to see how poorly my profession does in the listening, adapting, promoting good health. The ROM window is what we were taught. Injury, healing, remodeling. I am going to have to go back...
  15. nomoreski

    TKR Swmrgirl Is Up For Air

    @swmrgirl Thx for the "blow by blow" posting. I am so glad to hear your recovery is going well and no surprises after waking up...except for maybe the multiple males? I have to admit, that flirting with my male caretakers has been very beneficial to my health! But since a few of them were...
Back
Top Bottom