Bilateral TKR Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update

@Glamg1979 i went to Lahey in burlington. We are lucky around here! I was ready to move to Florida last winter. Fingers crossed we don't have a repeat!
 
Relaxing with my Suki girl. Good to be home!

[Bonesmart.org] Nomoreski's recovery - 3 Month Update
 
Happy to hear that your home! My kitty has not left my side, except to eat of course, since I got home. I'll bet Suki sure is glad to have her mom back! =^..^=
 
@Josephine or @bottomshollow could you add 3 month update to my thread title?

Hi to all!
I have been quietly recovering since my last post. I had a bit of a bump in the road with scar tissue bindng me down on my left leg. Stuck at 80* flexion. I did have a manipulation and my Ortho confirmed that it was scar tissue....showed me a pic of my knee hanging in space- nowhere near 90*!!! Glad I did it cuz the next day I had over 100*, but it did set me back with added pain and swelling. I am now functional with both knees. Have started back to work and have an appt at my gym tomorrow to restart the rest of my "rehab"! LOL
I have had an increase in hip pain (since before the manipulation) and think it is the hip OA now rearing its head and anouncing its presence! I am counting on getting back to my gym routine to support that little problem. YAY.

I think I am about 75-80% recovered. I am looking forward to getting back to my routine (but wish I could still get up at 8 instead of 6 :heehee:). I did my recovery dance with one of my coworkers on monday, but hope that soon it will actually look like a dance!

Best wishes to you all...who knows? I may show up on the hip forum someday!

Would love to hear how you are doing.
 
Hello @nomoreski, thanks for your posts, they are very helpful for those of us still waiting for our procedure. I'm going in for BTKR Monday 1/11/16 in the morning and a lot of feelings and thoughts swirling, excitement, apprehension, concern, fear. Sorry about the manipulation, but glad that it worked and that you are back at work.

How much did you ICE and how often? Do you still need to ICE?

How was your progress at the 2 month level say late November to early December? Thanks in advance!
 
Back
Top Bottom