Recent content by Niftyknee

  1. Niftyknee

    Bilateral TKR Icing the knees<

    @hhaze sorry to hear you are struggling. This is a tough gig that’s for sure. I’m nearly 8weeks post op and the nights are getting better but still not a lot of sleep happening here. Just knowing that it is normal helps ! Hope you continue to improve as time goes y.
  2. Niftyknee

    TKR Newbie from Perth Western Australia

    Survived 2 half days. No pain but It’s the most vertical I’ve been so the knee has swollen up quite a bit. Home day and double date with the ice pack and cushions today. Will try 1/2 day for 3 days next week.
  3. Niftyknee

    TKR Newbie from Perth Western Australia

    Well I am now 7 weeks and going to work for 1/2 day tomorrow. Office based so I can manage the sitting and walking etc. my ROM is now 114 and extension still -2. But I feel so much better. I’m driving now which is great although I wouldn’t want to do any long distances. I am off all pain meds in...
  4. Niftyknee

    TKR Sportsnutt's recovery thread

    Agree with the sitting issue. Breakthrough of your incision sounds like it needs checking up on. I’d be heading back to surgeon or GP to make sure incision all ok. I think the sitting issue is quite normal
  5. Niftyknee

    TKR Recovery Questions

    Hi. Lot’s of support here. I’m seven weeks post and I am going into work tomorrow for 1/2 day to see how I go. I work in an office so I can manage my sitting and walking etc. I wouldn’t have been able to go any sooner but I feel mentally ready now (pain meds only at night) and I know I can just...
  6. Niftyknee

    Left knee lateral PTR 8-23

    So sorry you’ve had knee problems ongoing. Have to say that I would also be looking at a TKR given the ongoing problems you’ve been having. Good luck.
  7. Niftyknee

    TKR I Feel Like the Tin Man these Days

    I’m five and a half weeks and still can’t sit in a chair for long because of the thigh pain. I see my surgeon on Thursday so will be asking him about it then. It’s a horrible nagging pain that is only there when sitting. Hope your recovery continues to improve
  8. Niftyknee

    TKR Going through awful pain med withdrawal....

    Hi sorry you’re going through this. I’ve not experienced it but I have had to come off meds before and Dr gave me a structured plan over a number of weeks to come off. Hopefully you have done it slowly and the side effects should be less. Perhaps a visit to your GP to see if they can help
  9. Niftyknee

    TKR Driving the day after an MUA

    Sorry to heAr you have to go through this so soon. As a solo Mum I have had to go with my daughter to school via Uber a few times when I’ve simply not been able to get someone to take her. I’ve found one of the hardest parts of this healing process is to actually ASK for help but I’ve found when...
  10. Niftyknee

    Am I bad enough?

    It’s a tricky one you sound very fit and able. For me it was the excruciating pain at the 100 metre mark that made me realise that I really needed to do something . Agree surgeon knows more about knees than Chiro. Can you get a second opinion if you’re not sure. The bakers cyst would be...
  11. Niftyknee

    TKR TKR at 28 - advice please!

    Oops forgot to say I am 5 weeks post op tomorrow. My physio says I am doing well - I am frustrated at how long the healing is taking. I am not up to doing any walks yet or shopping although went to our small local supermarket today for the first time and coped buying 3 things before high tailing...
  12. Niftyknee

    TKR TKR at 28 - advice please!

    Good luck. No don’t know if there is any research to support it but I would have thought that perhaps younger people did bounce back more quickly- assuming you don’t also have other complicating factors.
  13. Niftyknee

    TKR TKR June 6,2018 right leg numb little toe

    Sorry you seem to have caught a bug. For your 6 hour car ride can you alternate sitting in front with seat pushed back for a while then stop do few laps around the car to loosen it up and then do the back seat for a while with your leg right up etc and just Lee swapping around?
  14. Niftyknee

    TKR Newbie from Perth Western Australia

    Five weeks post surgery- wow those weeks zip by. Saw physio again today ROM 109 and extension -2. She only measured them because I was interested. I do hydrotherapy twice a week and love it. Still swollen so still icing and elevating several times a day. I have increased my daily living...
  15. Niftyknee

    Revision TKR Third and final surgery all done

    Sorry you’re having these ongoing issues I’ve had a Morton’s neuroma in my foot before and had it removed (botched surgery meant 2 more rounds of surgery). I’ve never heard of them in the knee before. Learn something new every day. Cortisone did not help my neuroma- only the removal of it...
Back
Top Bottom