Recent content by NewToMe

  1. N

    Partial or Total, how do you tell/know?

    Hey smarties! I've had a full Left knee replacement and doing well, but now the right is being cranky. I went to a new (to me) surgeon because we retired in a different state, saw a PA had new films...right is medial bone on bone and has been since before the LTKA. The PA talked about a...
  2. N

    Is my Right ready now?

    @Jamie My apologies for responding so late! I managed to sprain my Right MCL and stairs (to the computer) were a no go for a week! If you can help with qualified Orthopedic recommendations, that would be great! I reached out to Oregon Health & Science University (OHSU), they are booked for...
  3. N

    Is my Right ready now?

    I had my Left TKA in September 2019, MUA Nov 2019 and now my right knee is making some intermittent loud NOISE. I don't want to wait as long as I did last time, had a great result on left, but still unsure if I should move forward. Other issues...hubby has a rare form of blood cancer and...
  4. N

    TKR Asking for reassurance despite reading through every thread!

    Hey Leila C, I had my left done in Sept 2019, currently close to getting the right done soon. I struggled with sleep for well over 6 months post op. I didn't have kids, so I never went through "the getting up in middle of night-go back to sleep- and still function" over weeks/months like...
  5. N

    Time for the right? Surgeon in Portland, OR??

    Happy New Year! I went to a PA at an Ortho's office near Portland, OR today to discuss pain issues with my right knee. Mostly around knee cap on the inside of knee and at top. During the exam, I was able hiss about discomfort when he had his right thumb at base (inside) of knee and proceeded...
  6. N

    TKR Feeling sorry for myself and frustrated. LTKR ten days ago.

    Hey there! I had my Left done 3 years to day before you. I also had husband issues! The one thing I did that helped him the most was meal planning. He can cook, but figure out what's for dinner after 2 weeks was exhausting him. Of course, I am wondering how he thinks I've done it all these...
  7. N

    MUA 3rd Year Anniversary

    @benne68 I was surprised at how much more I can do compared to the previous year. But considering my knee was bad for years, so I had to relearn the correct way to walk, rebuild muscle memory, etc. It makes more sense. I actually started to run the bases (kinda) with grand nephew playing...
  8. N

    MUA 3rd Year Anniversary

    Admin. Please attach to my feed, I can't remember how. 3 years ago I had a left TKA at the age of 56. Every year I can physically do more than the year before! It sure did take a long time though! A Really long time! ADLs, stretching and regular exercise has been key for me. Not running or...
  9. N

    MUA 3rd Year Anniversary

    Hey people! Been a while since I posted. We retired and moved to the Portland, OR area. Lots of hills to climb means more muscle to build. I am happy to report the new knee continues to perform well in range and what I can do. Question for forum...do you do MD recommendations? I obviously...
  10. N

    TKR Outpatient Total Knee Replacement

    Hello! I did same day TKA on my left in Sept 2019. Not sure I would do that again. Hubby did the best he could that first night, but he kept asking me what I needed to have done, "help me out of bed so I can pee" wasn't clear enough for him and I was a bit hopped up on pain mess to be really...
  11. N

    Bilateral TKR Oregon Mom's recovery journey

    @Oregon mom I have fun making mine clunk. It caused some concern in work colleagues pre-COVID. If I tap my foot up and down picking up my foot with quad, it will clunk. Keep icing, posting! Tell the hubby it gets better at week 3. So glad to hear your pain pumps lasted a few days. My...
  12. N

    Revised PKR to TKR pain back of knee

    @aquamarine117 I did that same thing! Hurts bad in the moment, then calms then comes back later. Most definitely go back to week1 elevation and ice as advised. I am officially 1 year out, still improving in stamina, ROM and ability to do "stuff". Hang in there!
  13. N

    MUA 3rd Year Anniversary

    One year and a week ago I had my left knee replaced. Today, I went down stairs in a reciprocal fashion, no pain, controlled landing on right foot rather than "falling" on right foot. I CAN get on the floor in a "planned" manner...and back up. Grand-nephews think my scar is cool and xrays...
  14. N

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    @luvcats thanks so much for the update! Your posts and attitude helped me tremdously during my own recovery. I can second the comment about celebrating grocery shopping AND putting it away! For walking, may I suggest driving to a flatter area to walk or one with less demanding hill's? I find...
  15. N

    TKR Seven months post op and still having trouble

    I had my TKR Sept 2019. My biggest improvements in stamina (cooking the entire meal), walking a decent length and time; and standing for minutes all happened around 6 months and later! That included the elusive full night sleep which for me was really debilitating. I returned to work 3 months...
Back
Top Bottom