Recent content by newkneesnc

  1. N

    TKR Julie's knee - still not sleeping well!

    Me. I dread going to bed cause I know that I will wake up in pain. Usually start off with a pillow and ice on my knee. It then the back of my knee starts hurting so I take the pillow out and turn on my side. 3 hrs is my max and usually by 7 I need to get up. I have been halving my Norco and...
  2. N

    TKR looking for help

    Sir, I am about a week.ahead of you and a and feeling just as frustrated. I too am not as far as I would like to be a d due to my history of a stroke in 2003 am not even walking yet. Last home health therapy is next week.and that makes me very nervous. Even though I am.sleepy I often dread...
  3. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Can't find my original post and the site is acting weird tonight. Had been doing really well and was starting to stand on my knee longer and longer then had a setback today. I was trying to get up from the bed side commode by myself as my husband was on the phone and my knee popped. It was...
  4. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    So how bad and how many bruises did you have? My foot and ankle still hurt. Got the staples out Wednesday wow did that hurt
  5. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Haven't had any problems with constipation yet. Have been taking miralax everyday though may skip it tonight because I haven going all day. Finally slept on my side last night. Was getting tired of sleeping on my back. The pt told me not to sleep with a pillow under my knee but was trying...
  6. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Came home Friday afternoon from rehab. Had a little adjustment to home such as husband helping me to the bedside commode and helping me with pants and stuff. Home health came today. Nurse will come out one more time to take my staples out on Tuesday. Sleeping at night has been difficult. Pt...
  7. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Added info have a lot of painful bruises a lot more than I thought. No cpm machine, had to borrow ice machine. What else am I missing?
  8. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Big day tomorrow as I am going home. Have made some progress but not as much as I wanted. Still a lot of swelling so after therapy using my polar care ice machine. At this point can stand a little but can't walk on it. Transferring using a sliding board into out of bed, wheelchair...
  9. N

    TKR Newkneesnc setback

    Hi all. I am finally in rehab which not where I want to be. Surgery was Tuesday and went well. The dr said that my patella and the top of my tibia had areas that looked like craters in the bone. Did not have a happy recovery at the hospital and spent most of my time in the bed. Only tried...
  10. N

    First TKA in October

    Tomorrow is the big day. This morning I am nauseated just thinking about it. I am sure I won't get much sleep tonight. Gonna try and nap during the day today. My knee that is having surgery has been surprisingly good lately but my rt knee is throbbing (which isn't the one being operated on...
  11. N

    Having Left TKR 10/06/14

    Good luck tomorrow. My day is Tuesday! Nervous too,
  12. N

    First TKA in October

    Who had a femoral nerve block with their TKA and what is your opinion of them. T-minus 5 days and counting
  13. N

    First TKA in October

    Already use a walker so won't be new to me and I use a electric wheelchair at work.
  14. N

    First TKA in October

    Thanks Jeneo, The OS is going to do a cortisone shot in my rt knee day of surgery. Hopefully it will work better because I will be off the knee for a while.
  15. N

    First TKA in October

    Cindy and Kneeper. How was your recovery from your TKA's given you still had one bad knee? My right knee almost feels as bad as my left right now. Last night I barely slept because they were hurting and I couldn't get comfortable. My mobility has decreased tremendously this year or over...
Back
Top Bottom