Recent content by Nekocarlo

  1. N

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    PFJR, I’m sorry you now have pain on weightbearing. have they given you you any medications to help relieve the inflammation? I’ve tried Celebrex and it doesn’t help. I need to research patella Alta, though I don’t believe the patella is part of my problem. Did they send the fluid off to lab...
  2. N

    PKR 6 Week Post PFJR

    Hello PFJR, I was wondering if you have resolved your effusion issue. I had a right tkr (with hypoallergenic implant as I’m allergic to nickel) one year ago this month and I still have a very swollen knee apparently due to excess synovial fluid. It is about one inch larger than my left knee. I...
  3. N

    nickel free device/robotic surgery

    I am allergic to nickel, have been for years and insisted on a nickel free implant. My doctor prefers Stryker implants but also uses Smith and Nephew for people like me. He used the Mako, said he has learned how to use it with non Stryker implants (or at least with the Smith and Nephew he used...
  4. N

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    I can do full rotations on bike when I’m at pt, after the therapist massages my knee and thigh well and I do some stretching / bending exercises. However when I try it at the gym I get stuck, or maybe im just afraid of how it will feel if I do full rotation without the massage warm-up so at the...
  5. N

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    You are gaining rom much faster than I have after an MUA. I was between 80 and 90 the first 2 days after the manipulation (even though the Dr got it to 125 during the procedure). My mua was May 30. I just reached 120 (cold reading, up to 128 at end of pt session) the last week so the pt...
  6. N

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    And I drove to pt the next day, it’s very close to my house but since I wasn’t on heavy pain meds I was able to drive.
  7. N

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    I was also very nervous about the MUA but I did not have much pain, only when I first woke up in recovery and they gave me an oxycodone. I also took one in the evening just to be safe. My MUA wa May 30. My swelling was better after the mua for about a week or so because of the steroid shot...
  8. N

    TKR Question on pain and swelling six months post TKR

    I was pleasantly surprised how easy my MUA was, I only took Oxy pain killers that afternoon and evening, then Tylenol and anti inflammatories were all I needed. He got the knee to 125 and didn’t leave one bruise, which I understand many people get during the procedure.He also gave me a steroid...
  9. N

    TKR too soon for MUA?

    Hi @russny I can’t answer your specific question but what struck me about your post is that they are measuring your rom while you are seated. they have always measured mine only when I’m on my back on the table. My surgeon has looked at it while I’m seated on his exam table with legs dangling...
  10. N

    TKR What ice machine do you recommend?

    I am renting a Game Changer and like the fact the wrap is large, it also covers part of the thigh. Also has a compression setting, though not sure how much automatic compression jour surgeon would want you to use in the first week or so after surgery. I am using it after an MUA, so incision is...
  11. N

    TKR Clock is ticking!

    Hi Hippalong, although I don’t have the hip issues you have, I wanted you to know that my concerns about pain from my TKR (almost 11 weeks ago) were largely unfounded, pain was well controlled as long as i strictly followed the medication schedule. There was discomfort but my surgery 25 years...
  12. N

    MUA Experience with MUA?

    Good morning, I had the mua about 22 hours ago; update below but @Steveg63 I would love to get to 105 ‘cold’ reading as one of my therapist (25 years experience) said he often sees that as a point that allows the patient to really start moving forward at a Faster pace. I don’t know what range...
  13. N

    TKR 8 weeks post TKR

    Good morning, I had the mua about 22 hours ago; update below but Steve I would love to get to 105 ‘cold’ reading as one of my therapist (25 years experience) said he often sees that as a point that allows the patient to really start moving foward at a Faster pace. i don’t know what range my...
  14. N

    TKR 8 weeks post TKR

    Hi Steve, i saw my surgeon Wednesday and he saw I had made some progress (only about 5 degrees) and said he’d see me in 2 moreweeks to see if I could make further progress. Problem: I went crazy trying to warm up/ loosen my knee the morning of my appointment so I could hopefully steer the...
  15. N

    MUA Experience with MUA?

    Hi Steve, i saw my surgeon Wednesday and he saw I had made some progress (only about 5 degrees) and said he’d see me in 2 moreweeks to see if I could make further progress. Problem: I went crazy trying to warm up/ loosen my knee the morning of my appointment so I could hopefully steer the...
Back
Top Bottom