MUA Experience with MUA?

Problem: I went crazy trying to warm up/ loosen my knee the morning of my appointment so I could hopefully steer the conversation away from mua, and in doing so I set myself way back.
This would be your decision, no one can force you to do this. So don't worry about steering the conversation, let that "talk" go in one ear and out the other.
Happy Two Month Anniversary! Give it time and lots of patience...you will get there.
 
Good morning, I had the mua about 22 hours ago; update below but @Steveg63 I would love to get to 105 ‘cold’ reading as one of my therapist (25 years experience) said he often sees that as a point that allows the patient to really start moving forward at a Faster pace.

I don’t know what range my surgeon was able to achieve during the mua yesterday
but from a pain standpoint I feel much better than I was expecting. If you recall my rom was stuck at about 95 cold at 6-7 weeks and I pushed myself really hard one day and set myself back. Bad swelling and stiffness, felt like I was back to about 2 weeks post surgery. Was back on sofa, no pt, no exercises for last 9 days.

I received a steroid shot during the mua and woke up very sore on inside area of leg, from mid calf to about mid thigh. Nurse gave me 2 gabepentin and a Tylenol about an hour before procedure But woke up and needed something stronger. They gave me a 5 mg Percocet which relieved the pain completely. Came home very stiff but noticed the swelling was somewhat better ( shot or mua? Do not yet know).

Took another Percocet/tylenol pill and went to pt 6 hours after waking up and started with cold 80 degree mua, so I’d lost about 15-17 degrees from my previous ‘best’ rom. did new gentle bending exercise at pt and 15 minutes later it was 90. a little later it was 92 after more gentle exercise.

Woke up today, no pain, looser knee, swelling still improving. No bruising, which was a pleasant surprise. going to pt again today, 4 days next week and probably 4-5 days following Week. I’m feeling very hopeful. im so glad this forum exists! it provides a wonderful service.
 
@Nekocarlo Im glad you feel the MUA was beneficial.

I copied your post from Steve’s thread, (your post is still over there) and put a copy here in your recovery thread, to maintain your history.

Best wishes in your continuing recovery!
 
It is three months to date since your TKR and three weeks since the MUA...how are you doing?
Please let us know.
Happy Three Month Anniversary! I hope you have a nice weekend. :)
@Nekocarlo
 

Staff online

  • Jockette
    Staff member since March 18, 2018
  • Pumpkin
    Staff member since March 26, 2015

Members online

Back
Top Bottom