Recent content by My knee Charlie

  1. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    Back to work last Thursday so far not too bad completely exhausted when I get home. It's really hard to leave at a reasonable hour when I have so much on my plate. Pain levels have been ok. No real knee pain except some swelling actually my whole leg is some what inflamed when I get home...
  2. My knee Charlie

    TKR 8 weeks post op and starting to worry<

    I am doing some of the same exercises for my pt as well. The bike leg press and chair scoots. Also one with those elastic bands one leg at a time my understanding is that the focus is to work on increasing the strength in the quad muscles
  3. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    No it's not bothering me but my pay seems to think there are a few spots that might benefit from it
  4. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    Has anyone used silicone sheets on their scar? My PT is recommending it for my scar. Thoughts?
  5. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    Knee is coming along pretty well. Sleeping pain is getting better but the tossing and turning and ability to fall asleep is not. Oh well. Tylenol pm and are becoming good friends. Finally made a full rotation on the recumbent bike at my gym. I go to pt this afternoon. I am thinking I will...
  6. My knee Charlie

    TKR Midwest Girl - Round 2 Recovery

    Yea no shower is the pits. On my first leg I could not shower for about 12 days. On the second one. He changed the type of bandage he used Aqua something. But it was waterproof so I could shower right away. Nice!
  7. My knee Charlie

    TKR Slainte's Big Adventure

    Nice job. I have not been on the bike yet but I think my pt will put me on it at my next visit. She said I needed to be at 110 and by the end of the visit i was at 112. So we are only 4 degrees apart and 1 day surgically
  8. My knee Charlie

    TKR Sounds

    I normally host thanksgiving but decided it was too much this year. Also both of my sons were going to girlfriend family. My hubby and I will have a small turkey and all the trimmings. No cleaning the house no 3 loads of dishes and no $300.00 shopping trip lol
  9. My knee Charlie

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    Patience is good advise. When I was in the hospital I did not even think about getting up on my own. In the rehab they would only let me go from the bed to the commode which was right next to the bed. I was grateful because when I gotta go I gotta go! They would not allow walkers to stay in the...
  10. My knee Charlie

    TKR Sounds

    Hmm I named my first knee Charlie. I will have to give some thought to my new one
  11. My knee Charlie

    TKR Teniralc's recovery thread

    I understand feeling bad about not being able to go home when you planned. When I had mine my knee was so wobbly that after three days I could on take a few steps. Never left the room and walked the halls like I did on my first knee and got no where near trying stairs. Poof just like that I had...
  12. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    Had pt again today. The ace bandages don't really seem to help with the swelling. My flex was about 112 today and extension started at - 12. Last week then was -7 today and about -3. After she massaged my muscles She gave me more stretches to do and to work on evenly sharing my weight on...
  13. My knee Charlie

    Revision TKR Totally recovered at last!

    I have been thinking about getting new sneakers as well I don't really even have a pair that were really comfy before surgery. My work shoes are pretty comfy but I may have to replace them as well. The funny part is that there was a segment on the news today that said in a year long study that...
  14. My knee Charlie

    TKR Second knee done

    PT update. Not sure what I was thinking scheduling therapy at 8 am. 45 to 60 mins away with traffic. Most of the time was spent with her massaging my scar. Then the calf then the hamstring. The calf was fine but the hamstring was not as good. But really no worse then how sometimes a regular...
  15. My knee Charlie

    TKR Chimera's Recovery

    Funny about the new shoes. As I was putting on a pair of sandals the other day. I looked at the bottom of them and the left one is barely worn. Goes to shoe how long I have been limping. I bet my work shoes are just as bad. And that stinks because they were quite pricey
Back
Top Bottom