Recent content by musamoses

  1. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    I will make 3 months on the 19th/sept and yesterday, 14th/Sept I went back to work. Physical work (Car wash..if that helps us to understand how physical) day one went well. It involves a lot of standing, in fact the whole time. Bending ( its all about using the right mechanics here). I had no...
  2. musamoses

    Squatting: never, after THR?

    Squatting should not be a problem since your leg or legs are bent at the knees unless of course you do some exaggerated twists. I will make 3 months on the 19th/Sept. I feel so great, no pain, still have a slight limp. Been working on my muscles pretty much.
  3. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    @dougie0216 thanks. I can start by reading about that yoga pose. But compared to particular exercise I do while seated on my bed, that pose should help to improve range of motion for my hip.
  4. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    Thanks everyone. Thanks @a0167913 and @zauberflöte . It's been good encouragement. And I hope to get back to working auto because I love to.
  5. musamoses

    Squatting: never, after THR?

    I am making 8 weeks. I made sure to ask the surgeon on my 6 weeks review about what might be the parmanent restrictions for me. He CAUTIONED me against crossing my legs (more so with the surgery leg), bending straight down like kind of touching my toes (instead bend at knees or kneel) and high...
  6. musamoses

    THR Left one is done - and right one too!

    @leenie60 I think your progress is ok. Right now you can concentrate on ankle pumps and the other simple exercises. As for being able to put on socks....tieing shoes, take your time. After 6 weeks , you will often be surprised that your did something you not been able to do. While cleaning my...
  7. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    I realise we all seem to have issues with tightness of some muscles somewhere. I hope we exercise towards doing away with it. But a few people have told me, that scar tissue always feels a bit tight or number if you don't exercise regularly or even just after sitting for long. So except for...
  8. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    Lol, looks like we all had surgery in the same month. Anyways, for the record, I had posterior approach for my surgery. And so far, I am not complaining. The job I was working is a bit physical with lots of bending (auto workshop) so for now I am trying to look around as I recover more. I may be...
  9. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    Thanks everyone. You always keep good advice flowing. As I stated earlier I had my second review with the surgeon. Everything seem pretty much as he expected...or actually better. He actually cautioned against trying so hard, while working on improving range of motion. He cleared me for light...
  10. musamoses

    THR Making six weeks

    I am making 6 weeks post op, posterior. I have been progressing well, doing a lot of the recommended exercises. I used pain pills, narco, for just a week after surgery and have had no pain again. My only challenge now is tightness of front hip muscles, so I cant stretch to make a long, full step...
  11. musamoses

    What to anticipate??

    Thanks Jamie, I appreciate
  12. musamoses

    What to anticipate??

    Been reading from several threads, ALL the best to my fellow Hip-stars soon to be. I know I made to great decision to go THR, non the less I would love to hear some personal experiences from pals who have had a new hip for 2 -5 years......how it feels. What they can/cannot and or prefer not to...
  13. musamoses

    2017 April Rainbows - Are you having hip surgery in April?

    My surgery is on April 20. Doing PREPs now. I can't wait to be pain free.
Back
Top Bottom