Guest viewing is limited

THR Making six weeks

@dougie0216 thanks. I can start by reading about that yoga pose. But compared to particular exercise I do while seated on my bed, that pose should help to improve range of motion for my hip.
 
@dougie0216 yikes! I have been expressly forbidden that rear-ward extension evereverever! So I think I'll leave it be. The pretzel pose for the piriformis has part of the same hip movement, although the Swan one puts more weight on it. I will cheer you on! Re massaging-- when I got to out-patient PT at 7 months for first hip, it turned out that I hadn't done my scar nearly enough violence-- my magic fingered PT caused me more than one shriek as she worked out the kinks. I'd been very gentle, and then just stopped. This time I'll start gentle and work my way up to shrieking bit by bit. It was a good shriek, at least! The awful thing was, nobody stuck their head in the door and asked if we were alright!
 
It's only been 6 weeks ....6.
Bone is trying to form and affix. Muscles trying to recover from trauma...
How are things going to get well if you don't quit picking at it?
Easy does it, easy stretches, easy exercising ( walking).
Strength and ROM can be worked on AFTER things have had time to heal y'all.
Patience is the hardest thing to work on.
 
@musamoses @zauberflöte After my first surgery, the OS said it was important to keep the lower abdomen and upper thigh thigh stretched. About 15 years ago when I was being treated for sciatica symptoms, I was shown a stretch but wasn't told it was yoga. It was the swan. If they had just X-Ray'd my hips intead of asking an MRI of my back they would have found out why my sciatic nerve was angry.

I also have two piriformis stretches I do routinely.

Anyway, there years ago after the OS told me to keep things stretched at 3mos after my first surgery, I said like this? And I did the swan pose on the floor of the exam room. He laughed and said normally he's ask to see patients at six months. Then he said, see you in a year.

So for me, if I contract a muscle, I will also stretch it after I am done. The person immediately under me at work has been instructing yoga, pilates and aerobics for 30-years. We were talking about the importance of stretching after contracting just the other day.

I don't have a limp at all and I think it is because I stretch after walking, after lifting and after using the compression bands.

I didn't say I don't have swelling or some pain. I just take recovery very seriously. Still, no matter what I do, it will take 18-24 to fully heal from THR. I want it to be interesting.
Like I said in my other post, I am in the ODIC.
 
I'm 6 weeks post THR and I can walk without crutches inside, but still take one outside. Today I was sitting on the bed and bent over to pick up a pin off the floor so my dog wouldn't stand on it, forgetting the rules! I feel like I have pulled something, I have discomfort in my lower back that side, tried not to panic as I hope it's just muscle. I'm trying not to listen to the wonder stories at my stage, but it was a wake-up call to not bend over.
 
@musamoses I get my yoga pose names messed up. The pose I meant to say is the Upward Facing Dog.
It is a great stretch for the quads and abs.
 
I will make 3 months on the 19th/sept and yesterday, 14th/Sept I went back to work. Physical work (Car wash..if that helps us to understand how physical) day one went well. It involves a lot of standing, in fact the whole time. Bending ( its all about using the right mechanics here). I had no problem on day one. I worked for 6hrs. Going for day 2.
 
@musamoses I moved your recovery update from someone else's pre-op thread to your own recovery thread here. Please post future updates in this thread. You may want to bookmark it to make it easier for you to find it.
 

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom