Recent content by mtnchyld

  1. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Exhausted today....kept thinking, maybe I need to make an appointment with my GP and get my blood checked, maybe I am anemic. But then realized I have been on my feet a LOT the last few days...maybe that's it? The fatigue and lack of stamina is really getting to me. I keep thinking if I push...
  2. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Thanks @Josephine :whistle: Certainly didn't mean to imply you were not capable of giving medical advice, but only that you couldn't provide specific instruction only for me! Sorry if I caused any offense! I am really taking the advice to heart, because I took Voltaren for about 7-8 years...
  3. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    @Josephine - I have a question about pain meds.... I am taking Norco (was Lortab - hydrocodone 7.5 with 325 mg of acetominaphen) every 6 hrs as needed. I was taking (before surgery) meloxicam 15mg 1x per day and supplementing it with 650 mg of acetaminophen and ½ of a lortab. Prior to...
  4. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Wow, @DogLoverx3 - I just 'caught up' on your thread! You are having helluva time. I think you should definitely take someone with you who can step in in case you get teary-eyed...very good idea. I am so sorry you are having this problem and this worry! I am really praying this is something...
  5. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Dr appt with OS on Thursday went very well....he put me off work 5 more weeks (yikes-they didn't like that too much) and refilled pain meds as they were. Told him the problems I was having with PT...he suggested talking to them, so on Friday I did and it went much better. Got my panties in a...
  6. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    I have my 6 wk check up tomorrow...pain has gradually gotten worse since last week. Can't seem to bend near as far as I was, my whole leg hurts. PT has changed some exercises, which pulled a great deal but weren't painful, now they are. Knee seems to stay way more swollen than before, despite...
  7. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Got my first "oh well at 6 weeks you are almost healed up" comment today. *sigh* Had to 'phone a friend' who had TKR about a year ago for some moral support. In my head, I know that was just a general comment by someone who doesn't know anything about TKR, but my heart feels like "oh, see...
  8. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Oh @DogLoverx3, you really have come a long way...most of us have the luxury of not having to work so soon after surgery and have more help than you have had. I am amazed at what you have accomplished; I have great admiration for you! You have certainly earned the right to cry and to say 'no'...
  9. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Hi @DogLoverx3 & @Nana moon 27 ...been a bit since I have been on the site...been reading thru the posts. I too, am having a little of the 'why are you still?' questions...still being on the walker. *sigh* "because I can't walk right!" So there :) lol. Nana, sounds like you got quite a PT...
  10. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    @DogLoverx3 - that sounds like what I am feeling and its in the same place as yours. Thanks.
  11. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Question: I am 4 and a half weeks out from TKR...this morning, twice, I have felt a weird, painful pull/pop sensation at the bottom of my incision. It stings and burns. I now have two small reddened round places right beside the incision...they are slightly raised and 'touchy'. It felt like...
  12. M

    TKR I can’t believe I’m still dealing with this darn Knee^

    @Danlovesmary, I just passed the 4 week mark, still using a walker, still on hydrocodone 7.5 and just finishing up home physical therapy. Also dealing with hip bursitis on top of the TKR and totally agree with what the moderators and other members have said. Get help dealing with the nausea so...
  13. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Well another pep talk from PT today...made me see how I am still favoring the left leg, causing the bursitis to act up in the right hip. Actually walked trying to put equal weight on both legs...felt very strange and hurt my left knee a little more but if I just have the knee to deal with I...
  14. M

    TKR Made It To The Other Side

    Thanks, @referee54, I need constant reminders to be patient! Love the Kung Fu reference! And even though I am quickly getting a case of 'chair butt', I will NOT get up and do an hour of housework or piddling. Sigh. I will get up for a few minutes, stretch, walk 5 minutes and SIT BACK DOWN! lol
  15. M

    Final prep before BTKR's

    @VancouverUSAgal, I wish you the very best. Is it not possible for you to have inpatient PT for a few weeks? I was able to and not having to get in the car 3x a week is a blessing. I hope you can. And...when you have doubts, are in pain, are sad (or happy), please talk to the folks in the...
Back
Top Bottom