Recent content by MS Char

  1. MS Char

    TKR Just found you. Need some direction!

    Blood work does not indicate infection. Missed call from OS.
  2. MS Char

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Hi Spinfanatic, your OS no longer takes Medicare. No one that does revisions will see me until the one year mark. I did see my OS and he is concerned about the increase in pain, does not feel it's infected but did draw fluid from my knee, ordered blood work. He will call when he gets the...
  3. MS Char

    TKR It's no piece of cake!

    Hi Saltyal. I just posted so please read it there I too hate to type. Ha Ha! Still having pain. Dr doing work up for infection! Hope that is not the case. So glad to hear you are still walking with Woodstock, I have gained more flexion. I can do stairs normally now. Just a little difficult...
  4. MS Char

    TKR Just found you. Need some direction!

    Hi Nana moon 27 hi I have been running a lot. Thanks for your concern. My allergist referred me to a dermatologist for patch testing, I saw him Monday then yesterday I saw the OS, I took my daughter with me. End result, he is concerned I am having the pain and started an infection work up...
  5. MS Char

    TKR Just found you. Need some direction!

    I was thinking more of I:Ice E:Elevate R:Rest IER. Anyway feeling better I used some heat and knee not hurting as much.
  6. MS Char

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Thanks so much for the information as it is something to have if I need it hopefully I won't. Last night tried moist heat on my knee and things are so much better. Maybe I was over icing? The pain has gone down considerably. Glad to see you are doing so well, wow 150 ROM! Hope you are...
  7. MS Char

    Bilateral TKR ParamedicGirl on the "other side"

    Hi, glad my advise worked for you! Sounds as if you are doing well for the point of your recovery. I wasn't tearful until lately. Try OTC magnesium 400 MGM for cramps. It is needed for muscles to work well. I used to get them in my rib age and thighs bad and now take it on a daily basis. As...
  8. MS Char

    Revision TKR Revision: Second Time Is the Charm

    Hi Spinfanactic, I have finished reading your thread! Luckily it wasn't as long as some. I have been having increasing pain and swelling and recently discovered the nickel allergy connection. I have had positive patch test for nickel and have never been able wear any jewelry except if it is...
  9. MS Char

    Bilateral TKR ParamedicGirl on the "other side"

    Hi, glad you are home, no place like home. If I ever have my left knee done I am not going to rehab. The food was bad and I missed my Tiger boy, he is my avatar! I have been following you and I think you are doing great. I am a nurse and I worked with a lot of paramedics due to working in ED...
  10. MS Char

    The History of Bone Smart Forum

    @Josephine I just found the history of BoneSmart and I too thought it was yours! I wish I had found you before my surgery but when I did find you you have guided and encouraged me when I was having a problem. Keep up the good work! Oh and let me not forget to mention all the people who also...
  11. MS Char

    Bilateral TKR ParamedicGirl on the "other side"

    The most comfortable position is the back seat with both your legs on the seat. Someone posted it was easier to go in butt first and scoot backward until you reach the other end of seat. You will need someone to help holding your legs. I found it impossible to sit in front with my leg down...
  12. MS Char

    TKR Just found you. Need some direction!

    @saltyal, yes it is lonely at times. My sister lives north of Atlanta and calls me when she gets off work. A relative of her husband had a tkr last year and the dr forgot to write for PT so when she went for her 6 week check-up he asked how PT was? Well she is one of those amazing recoveries...
  13. MS Char

    TKR Just found you. Need some direction!

    @saltyal, @Karringtyn ,@Nana moon 27,@bottomshollow thanks for all your support. Knee is still swollen today down to 15½" from 16. Not swollen is 14 inches. Had a bad night woke 3 times with that intense pain on the right lower edge of knee. I went to a birthday party Sunday and was...
  14. MS Char

    Bilateral TKR ParamedicGirl on the "other side"

    Hi Paramedic, glad to see you have the pain medicene under controll. Keep up the good work.
  15. MS Char

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    Have a good time in Mexico, Just think you can exercise while you booze! Hope you get to feeling better. I don't know how you have worked through all this! You are a strong women. I hope it's not an infection, but soon you will have answers.
Back
Top Bottom