Recent content by Mr.fun

  1. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Here is a copy of my MRI from Jan 27 2026. Surgeon is to do a phone consultation Feb 3 2026 to discuss the results.
  2. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hello Layla. Leg is still weak and I get most of my discomfort from sitting. Same as my original complaints. It's interesting when I wake up in the morning I don't feel to bad. Hip joint is a little stiff. but manageable. As the day goes on I don't feel any stiffness from the hip joint...
  3. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla not much to report. Sitting might be a bit better. However I am now struggling with a limp after sitting which resolves after walking for a minute. It's tight and painful after sitting. Takes me a bit to adjust once I stand up. This started at 8.5 months. Has yet to resolve. A bit...
  4. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Question for anyone who has been diagnosed with ililiosoas impingment. I question whether I am dealing with this. I have full PROM however AROM Is painful. Lifting my knee into pants is impossible. I have to use my arm to do it. I can go upstairs relatively easy and get in my car...
  5. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla Hi Layla hope all is well. its Going to be a long post. you should probably go brew a pot of coffee. So here goes. Attached below 2 xrays. XRAY 1 is 2 months post OP XRAY 2 is most recent. was taken Aug 11. Had a phone consult Aug 29. Was under the impression it was to be with the...
  6. M

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Trotter HO studies would indicate when bone stops growing pain usually subsides. you would be left with the stiffness. That would be dependant on Brooker classifications. I never had my pain subside prior to my 2yr wait for the bone to stop growing. During that time my back, knee and...
  7. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla hello...update. just passed 5 months. It has been extremely slow. AROM hip flexion is about 75 80 degrees. feels like it tightens and bites/pinches. Was alot worse earlier in recover. So hoping this will just take more time. I have just enough flexion to walk up stairs and do my...
  8. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla I have not tried any seat wedges. My hip flexor is tight. It's a fullness feeling behind my front pocket. Very Frustrating. I was very active last week doing the elliptical. Felt fine doing it. Added more walking aswell to my daily activities. My hip does not hurt. It's all soft...
  9. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Update. 3months and 3weeks negatives Sitting sucks. crease and front of hip.(GROIN)mostly in car clunking in hip. no pain when it does clunk. clunking started at 4 weeks. joined the ODIC this week funtions make me Tired tired tired. motivation is down. No gym this week. positives walking is...
  10. M

    THR Cannot sleep in bed

    @Trotter you should probably go over and read my thread. also if you could post your xray. I would be interested to see what the HO looks like in your hip.
  11. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla update 2mnths an 3 weeks post OP pros: 1. I don't feel I have the jam. 2. I am at ble to put shoes and socks on. very difficult to do though. This will need to improve greatly for me to be happy 3. I can walk 4. I have simular pinching on the front area of my hip. where my leg meets my...
  12. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla Hello thank you for asking. I had my post op follow up appointment today. I had xrays taken aswell. I will post the xrays as soon as I have a copy (usually a week) with the discussion I had with the surgeon. It will be easier to bring you up to speed with the copy of my xrays to...
  13. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @daisyduck0801 I'm still in recovery. I do see some positives. But I do have very similar hip flexor pain. You would have to read my thread to understand/see what has been happening since my original hip replacement on Feb 8 2023.
  14. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    Hello attached is my Xray report immediately following my surgery on Jan 27 2025. I have attached the Xray as well that goes with this report again. It does say that 3cm of HO was left in place. I will inquire why at my follow up on march 28 2025. If I where to guess the surgeon will say...
  15. M

    THR Heterotopic ossification, not what I expected

    @Layla ah sorry I meant to say.... jammed up anymore. Hip flexion is still an issue. But I'm not pushing that movment. Its just really tight at the moment. But a few positives forsure that I do notice. Hopefully I keep progressing and the HO stays at bay. Sorry for the confusion.
Back
Top Bottom