I had a very successful recovery up Ășntil about 6 months. At that time I began experiencing pain in my thigh right were the implant is. It is not constant, and ranges from about 3-6 in intensity. I feel it when I first sit in a chair, or after I have been standing for a long time. I just saw my...
@beachgal and @rans0m00. I'm just catching up today on how the new hippies are doing. I can remember when I took the first standing shower. I felt nervous, but happy also to move forward. Beachgal, you are a real trooper to wait 2 weeks for that first shower. BTW I found a shower mat at Bed Bath...
@rans0m00 I was just dropping in to see how you are doing. So glad you are taking the advice to control your pain so your body can heal. For me, it has been more difficult to give myself permission to keep my afternoon naps (or whenever I feel like I need a nap) until my body is ready to go back...
@rans0m00 OK. I went to webmd to look this up. No wonder I didn't use it very much. I got a script for 40 pills, and I think I only took 5 or 6 in my first week post op. I just didn't need it. It's one of those that can be addictive. Well, I know others on this forum who have experienced...
@beachgal I just read through your last few days on your recovery thread. Sounds like you have navigated a few bumps in the recovery road (meds, BMs, sleeping, showering ). I had some , but not all of those issues. The strongest pain meds I had were Tylenol with codeine (NORCO). I supplemented...
@beachgal Hi I see that you are online now. Haven't heard much from you so that means you are getting much deserved rest. Hope you are doing well.
7 July 2014. LTHR. posterior
@Poppet Thanks for the link to the article about the healing process and the stages of recouperation. I'm not feeling pain exactly in the surgical area even when walking. The muscles are still a bit sore and not nearly as strong as they need to be. Although my brain knows that I still need lots...
@rans0m00 Gee with lots of friends and relatives in the medical business, I bet you get plenty of free advice. I was not very successful with elevation at first then my hubby (engineer type) gave me a suggestion that helped a lot. At first I was just putting a stack of pillows under my...
@beachgal so happy to hear that you are doing well. I had some of the near fainting episodes when I first started PT. Take it easy till your strength comes back. This surgery is wonderful, but it is still MAJOR SURGERY. I'm a southern gal by birth (Virginia), and I'm so jealous of the hospital...
@rans0m00 I've been reading your recovery thread, and as usual, you are getting lots of good advice. It's good to hear that you got the pain under control so you can rest and heal. I had some issues with swelling also, and ice and elevating the leg.....even at night while I slept...helped lots...
@rnorris. I haven't used the netti pot, but I've heard that it is effective from other friends. I've had good luck using Zicam and Air Bourne to stop colds before they take over my life. Good luck.
LTHR. 7-7-14
I'm just looking forward to being able to do more than one chore or errand in my car. I don't know why, but getting in and out of the car was the most excruciating experience of my whole day. So of course holiday shopping was not a fun time. Lots of the family got gift cards last year. But yeah...
@beachgal. I just read through the last week of your pre-op thread. I'm only 2 weeks out from my LTHR on July 7. I was so nervous and freaked out about the surgery, but like you, I decided to take all my anxiety and fear to The Lord and then it was OK. I was so pleasantly surprised that my pain...
@beachgal. Sorry I haven't posted anything in several days. I feel so happy that my bout with the allergic reaction to something used in the OR is over, and I'm really doing well with the PT. Today I'm just two weeks and one day since my surgery, and I'm sooooo glad to be on this side. I was...
This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.