Recent content by Morgaine

  1. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    Hi Holly, sorry that your husband has to have more medical tests. I do hope everything turns out ok. Glad to hear your are going to have at least a 90 degree bend, with that though you can do almost anything you want to do, except tie your shoes...and that is what slip-on's are for! Yes indeed...
  2. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    Good morning Holly lavender First everything is great. Sorry I haven't posted in a while. I am just so happy that I can do things again, that I haven't been online much. We did find out my husband doesn't have to have eye surgery yet, but probably will next year. I go to the gym three times a...
  3. Morgaine

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    My dust bunnies have been known to attack my housecleaning fairy!
  4. Morgaine

    TKR TKR Both knees: Is it so painful

    Geoff, I am still icing each leg at least twice a day, for anywhere from 20 min to an hour and a half. There are days I ice even more often. I have a polar ice machine with a thingie that wraps around my leg. It is like a little ice chest that ice and water are put into, it has a pump that...
  5. Morgaine

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    I thought of that, but have been too afraid to try it. Hummm, been too afraid to even sit on the loveseat, since it is lower than my recliner, and I still have trouble getting my big bottom out of it. I have to ask....if you end up living your life on the floor, what will you do when you have...
  6. Morgaine

    Bilateral TKR Got out of surgery at about 5pm 6/4/2013

    Good morning gazelle7777 your recovery is inspiring! As for quiting your job that you disliked, good for you. Sometimes it is hard to let go of something that has been a part of our lives for many years. I worked a job for 35 years that I detested, until one day I decided enough was enough. I...
  7. Morgaine

    Bilateral TKR My recovery thread.

    Debbie, so tell me how you figered out how you can get off the floor, because I know that one day I am going to have to do it. My last day of PT, I asked the therapist that if I needed to get on the floor how to get up. She got this look on her face and responded, "Don't get on the floor...
  8. Morgaine

    TKR TKR Both knees: Is it so painful

    Geoff, welcome to Bonesmart. We aren't that far apart in our different surgeries. To answer your question, yes it is normal to still be feeling pain. I still have pain in BOTH knees, but it is getting better. Surprisingly, my older TKR (right) hurts worse at times than my newer surgery (left)...
  9. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    Hi Holly lavender, Sue Dabber, Bionic woman2 and everyone else. Thanks for listening to my whining :cry: when I do, for laughing at my dumb jokes :snork: and just in general being somewhere I can go to know I am not alone. Ok, called my regular Dr and he agreed that my daytime pain control...
  10. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    There has got to be something I can take to help with the night pain, but still allow me to drive during the day. :boohoo: Calling my Dr in the morning.
  11. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    To you Sue! :cheers: :martini: :yahoo:
  12. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    Sue, yup about 11 weeks. Seems like forever, doesn't it? and we have a long way to go it seems. :groan: I haven't been to France, but my hubby was a volunteer fireman and I think he is ooh-la-la!!! Now when I was being transported from the hospital to the rehab after my surgery, the paramedics...
  13. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    Thank you Sue Dabber I just read through your thread. My goodness, here I am whining about things, and you have had to go through much more, as have many others on here. It just reminds me of what my Mama used to say "Count your blessings" Yes, I am sad, I hurt, which makes me cry. I am...
  14. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    I want my Lorcet! :tantrum: But know that I have to let it go. Seems though that I spent half the night crying and the other half trying to get comfy so I wouldn't cry. This far out on my surgeries, I keep trying to tell myself I don't need it. Hubby had double corneal transplants about 30...
  15. Morgaine

    TKR My Shiny Happy New Knees

    I haven't been on much, just getting caught up on a few threads. Waves wildly at Holly lavender hope your weekend is great. Last week, started going to the gym. Ok, I admit it, I HATE going to the gym. Yes, I work at my own pace, but then these cute little things (was I ever that young?) come...
Back
Top Bottom