Recent content by MoPeaches

  1. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    week #17 I finally was able to sleep on both my right and left sides last night. For a side sleeper, it was nirvana!!!!:wowspring:
  2. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    @Josephine First and always, Glory to God. He sends us who we need just when we need it. How else would I have found all these BoneSmarties??? Your face is as lovely as your soul. I am well on my way ...and for that I am ever grateful to all who have helped me (even that dreadful Doc and PT that...
  3. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    @Josephine oh you sweet soul!!! I just saw your YouTube video!! I saw you and heard your story of knee Replacement. You are a kind woman with a sweet face and disposition. Exactly what I knew God's Healing Earth Angel would look and sound like. I wanted to report in to you. I have had 3 massage...
  4. M

    TKR So glad I found you all

    @ayksha welcome here! I didn't find this site until long after my TKR. You will find lots of really good information and support! It's helped me tremendously. I know your experience will be the same. Keep resting and healing? - Mary
  5. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @DogLoverx3 since you are in the US, let me encourage you to go to healthgrades.com. You can research the next physician you choose to consult. Also, go look up your original surgeon and write up your experience. You may save the next person a terrible experience. Keep up your effort. You will...
  6. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    @Josephine I believe in angels..Guardian Angels, Saints, etc but I also believe God uses humans as Angels too. He leads Them to us when we have struggles. Sometimes we don't even know we are struggling or what we need. We often excuse these events as coincidences, happenstance, whatever...
  7. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    @Josephine oh challenges like my liver functions (which are getting better now that I use 'food as medicine' -- lots of green leafy veggies, turmeric, celery, lemon..juiced every morning. Broccoli, asparagus, etc), autoimmune stuff I never knew I had until I was tested for why I felt so bad...
  8. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @DogLoverx3 i love your list. You are a well informed, intelligent, prepared patient. It is exactly what a Doctor should want. Please be aware of his non-verbal response to the discussion. I would expect him to be thoughtfully engaged. You have been patient in the recovery and rehab. Best wishes!
  9. M

    TKR MANIPULATION

    Hey @CityGirl one of the moderators will be along soon and they can help with your ROM question. I am sorry you are having issues but I hate even more the horrible pain PT is causing you. Don't let them hurt you that bad. Did the PT a manipulation or just other patients? Sounds kind of early but...
  10. M

    TKR Left TKR On July 15, 2014 And In Recovery

    Hey Everyone!! My Rehab Week#16 began today. Do I still having challenges? Shoot yeah. But I also am working my recovery plan and I know it will all come together. If it weren't for my BoneSmart knee friends, I'd still be feeling alone, confused and lost. Major props to all of you and...
  11. M

    TKR Well Nov. 3 is here!!!

    @MercysPeace good luck! Check in with us after you reach the other side in recovery. We knees are here for you!!
  12. M

    TKR 6 weeks on

    @Veronica777 Bless you my dear! I am so sorry about the angina issue. Keep taking care of yourself!! Yeah, the whole pushing yourself seems like the right thing to do ... reality is not so much! I pushed myself too but I had not found BoneSmart until a few weeks ago .. So I was just following...
  13. M

    TKR Several Concerns

    @Birdie1 I think related to your knee you have guidance/short term plan. I know the reality of following that plan is another thing since you must balance the caring for your mom as well. Do the best you can with that balance but try to focus on your needs related to that knee. Please do explore...
  14. M

    TKR My Journey as of 12/16/13 - Over 1 Year and Still Trying

    @DogLoverx3 you are right to seek more answers! going back to the original Doc to ask more questions sounds like a good start. Certainly he can't tell you it's all in your head. Tell him NO! It's not!!! The issue is between your hip and ankle .. And it's called the knee!! And then there is...
  15. M

    Dancing after knee replacement

    Welcome and take some comfort in that there are many nurses on this forum. Unfortunately, we nurses think if we push harder, we will heal quicker. Yeah, not so much with the TKR stuff. Give yourself permission to heal and that takes time. I listened to the Doc/PT and followed their prescribed...
Back
Top Bottom