Recent content by momteacher

  1. momteacher

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    @patient 99 Dr. 1: "I can remove neuromas, but I've never done this." Dr. 2: bloodworm showed no infection; prescribed gabapentin and then mobic: no results; will see me again in July; Dr. 3: " Don't let anyone remove scar tissue." Recommended accupuncture: after two months, no results...
  2. momteacher

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    I am relatively new to this. How would I tag you? 3 opinions: 1) neuroms along scar tissue causing 'bee sting' feeling. 2.) undissolved stitches 3.) From Emory: nerve damage
  3. momteacher

    TKR Everything Comes to She Who Waits

    19 months after tkr; lots of pain; have gotten 3 opinions; X-rays show nothing is wrong with implant; should I request an mri?
  4. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    I am 17 months out and still in a lot of pain which have gotten 2-3 opinions from different doctors. One says neuromas along the scar tissue which are very painful and sting; one says undissolved stitches. One says nerve damage. I was diagnosed with fibromyalgia several years before knee...
  5. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    It's been fourteen months since my TKR and still experiencing constant pain.swelling. It feels like a bad bee sting. 2 doctors opinions: undissolved stitches/neuromas. Dr. just put me on steroids and gabapentin. Go back in 3 weeks. Getting very frustrated. I teach school and because of constant...
  6. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    Still in pain. Muscles feel bruised on leg with TKR. Would love to hear any advice. I don't know if I doing too much or not enough. Very frustrating. I'll be going back to teaching in August and want to feel better!
  7. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    One more thing. I still have the indention above my replacement which is sore to touch.
  8. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    November 19, 2012-almost 7 months ago Dr. who did surgery told me at last visit in May X-ray looked great, my bend was good, scar looked great; he was pleased with outcome. When I told him I was still in so much pain he said, "Didn't I tell you it would take 6 months to a year." I also...
  9. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    Jaycey, I'm still having the tight band pain. The pain has remained the same with any medication. I started back to PT to help with my quad. Had second opinion. Dr. says I may be one of those who takes longer to heal, but still so discouraging. He prescribed hydrocodone but didn't touch the...
  10. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    Josephine, I started your 'pain cocktail' today in hopes of relieving pain.
  11. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    Still so discouraged. 7 months since TKR and still in a lot of pain.
  12. momteacher

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Thank you, girls, for the pool exercises. I've been three times this week. Today I went to a class for arthritis and it was good. I'm four and half months post TKR and praying this tight band feeling will soon go away. My knee and area around it stills feeling bruised when I touch it. It gets...
  13. momteacher

    TKR Now two years post op and still recovering from nerve damage

    Any suggestions for water exercises to help with tight band feeling around knee after TKR?
  14. momteacher

    TKR Pain, Swelling after 14 Months

    Thank you, Roy. I will definitely do these!
Back
Top Bottom