Recent content by Momo Lee

  1. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Hi @benne68, here are my Knee Scores: Tegner Lysholm - 39 (poor) Oxford - 23 (moderate to severe knee arthritis) I will work on my OS to get her to order the MRI.
  2. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    No MRI yet. Need to convince the OS to order an MRI.
  3. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    @benne68, the buckling is a new symptom. I will mention it to my OS, but based on our last communication, she feels the pain is minor since the X-ray doesn’t indicate joint narrowing. She is driven by imaging evidence vs symptoms.
  4. M

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    I totally understand how you feel. Elevation and icing regularly really helped to reduce the swelling. During the swollen leg phase, I was literally dragging my leg to walk. Log Leg is real! Hang in there, it will get better! :yahoo:
  5. M

    THR Double Hipster Club

    Hi @springs12! Geez, you have a LOT going on. Good to hear your RTHR is healing wonderfully! Keep on pushing forward towards the bright light of 11/16/2023!!! You can do it! :yay:
  6. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Hi @springs12! Thank You for sharing! How is everything going with your recovery? It makes total sense that hip issues can contribute to knee issues. I would also like to discuss further with my OS, since I’ve had knee issues for over 10 years. There might be something going on that...
  7. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Oh my, you were suffering a while before you were diagnosed. I agree that X-rays aren’t very reliable in terms of an accurate diagnosis.
  8. M

    THR Hippie Chick’s Recovery Journey

    I still had swelling 3 weeks post surgery. Log leg was subsiding, but I still had to wear baggier pants.
  9. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Hi @Hippie Chick! Thank you for your quick response! So interesting that you knew you had OA in both hips. :wow: You walk a LOT during your work day! I‘ll cut back on the exercises and see how it goes. Hope your healing journey is progressing well! Please take care!
  10. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    I believe this is unrelated to my LTHR, but I twisted my right knee 10 days ago, and it’s still bothering me. The X-rays show Tricompartmental osteophytosis, with small suprapatellar effusion. The OS said my knee looks great, so there’s no action needed. She said if it continues to hurt I...
  11. M

    THR One hip done

    Totally agree with @myglasshalffull and @benne68, using a walker and being stable and safe is paramount to using a cane. Using a walker at night is much safer as you navigate to the restroom; getting meds, etc. Good luck! You can do it!
  12. M

    THR One hip done

    Hi @Tra2419 How are you doing? Hope you are recovering well. You will get better and better as each day goes by. Things will get easier. Ice packs were my best friend and I iced several times every day. :ice: Please hang in there! :yahoo:
  13. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Thank You @benne68 for always replying to my messages, even when I ask silly questions. :heehee::loll:You’re right, a lot can happen to our joints in 12 years. I will take a good hard look at my knees. Thank You! So glad your leg is nice and straight! :yay:
  14. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Hi @benne68 Thank You so much for your informative reply! Oh my, that must’ve been so rough for you to have to wait so long for your TKR! I just completed 9 weeks of PT. I couldn’t do some of the exercises because it hurt my knees, but I still reaped the benefits of PT for my hip recovery...
  15. M

    THR Made it to the Hip Side!

    Hi Everyone! I’ve had knee issues prior to the THR (due to long distance running for 35+ years) and now my knees are acting up. Going down stairs have always been painful. I’ve read in this forum that it’s common for knees to hurt after THR, so I’m going to keep monitoring it. I would love to...
Back
Top Bottom