Recent content by mommabarefoot

  1. mommabarefoot

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    So blessed to see you're still kicking and screaming :flwrysmile: Not sure if you know, Ami left Maale just recently :beg: . Needless to say we lost a great nurse in that office :bawl:
  2. mommabarefoot

    Revision TKR Complicated Knee Revision pain and recovery<'

    As a survivor of a very complicated revision (15 month ago) I feel your pain all to well. The best thing is rest, rest, more rest, elevation and ice. It took me a good 6 months to make much progress, but just followed orders and support on here. Dr always told me to listen to my knee, nothing...
  3. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    @Celle the revision surgery was on my right knee in Sept 2014. Sorry for the confusion.
  4. mommabarefoot

    TKR Newbie here, 8 months post TKR, having problems<

    Bless your heart for all you're having to endure. Some of your situation brings my memories to the forefront. Have you tried seeking out a revision specialist? Did I read right that your Staph infection cleared up in two weeks? Miracle I would say. I had major issues that were finally...
  5. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    @RestAssured @Pumpkln @PolarBear60 In a funk for past 7 months. Revision healed nicely, have 45% more use then Dr M ever expected. He keeps telling me to back off on the flexion. However, I don't even notice it 16 months post op. Knee and leg get sore from time to time and will for rest of...
  6. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Thanks @Celle Yes you are correct on Dr Maale. He did RTRK w/limb salvage and the LTKR (I won't let anyone else touch my knees). Since being in PT for almost 3 yrs now I have a very good relationship with my therapist and we discussed backing WAY off. In fact, by this coming Friday stopping...
  7. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    LTKR 10/21/2015..excessive scar tissue producer :bawl: ROM difficiency lacking full extension. Stuck lacking between 19°-22° of extension. Flexion not an issue as I know it will come (from experience). Constant freaking pain (6-9), inability to ambulate without cane and people asking if I...
  8. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Left knee needs some repair and clean-up. Torn ACL, MCL, Patella fraying, tricompartmental arthritis, fluid build up ,etc... At the instruction of Dr Maale I will be seeing Dr Ken Matthis @ Methodist Houston Med Center on June 18. I'm back on a cane, not much walking, extremely painful, very...
  9. mommabarefoot

    Revision TKR Infection of Knee Revision Questions

    Sorry for the delay. I'm doing awesome. With the revision, clean out, packed with antibiotic beads, iv antibiotics for 6 weeks n orals for an additional 4 minths it all worked. I'm 9 months out and all is great. I hope u heal quickly
  10. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Scheduled appt with Dr Maale for 4/23/15 to check left knee. It's becoming increasingly more painful, locks up, gives way, it's just trashed. This will be my first roadtrip to Plano since August 2014. Decided I wanted to have some non rushed alone time, so I'm not flying. Hubs thinks I've gone...
  11. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Calling Dr Maale today to discuss left knee. I'm terrified as I don't want any other Dr touching me. Please pray he says he'll do an original replacemen and for some pain relief. Luv to all
  12. mommabarefoot

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Hope you're feeling better.:flwrysmile:
  13. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Rough couple of days :-( It seems I'm having some pain increase, which is to be expected. What's bad is my left knee (no operated one) has reared its ugly pain head. Again, to be expected I guess. I've been told to be patient, I'm having a difficult time doing this. I need to put out a prayer...
  14. mommabarefoot

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    I wish you wellness and healing. Iunderstand the scarlet" M" wagon. Anytime I go to the hospital they bring the darn plague wagon out. Please take care of yourself. :loveshwr::flwrysmile:
  15. mommabarefoot

    TKR RTKR followed by Revision . Now LTKR giving trouble.

    Sorry for the delay in update all. Cruise was AWESOME, snorkeling was a little difficult as leg tired quickly with fins on. Joint loved the warm weather, no aches or major pains. Returned home with a fx tailbone (didn't fall on my knee though). Followed up with Dr Maale, 6 months post TKR...
Back
Top Bottom