Recent content by mom2twins

  1. M

    TKR Dem Dry Bones

    Hi Janae and other may marvels. I had my right knee done on May 29th so I've just passed 2 weeks. I had my left knee replaced on Dec 17, 2012. My first surgery I didn't know what to expect so I think I did well recovering. I had 10 weeks of pt twice a week. This time around boy oh boy. I've had...
  2. M

    TKR newbie here

    I am home and icing elevating and resting. Am taking 2 5/325 tablets of roxicet every 4 hours but the pain relief is only lasting about 3 hours. So far I am having much more pain and difficulty of moving around than with my left knee in Dec. I had the same surgeon but this time he didn't put in...
  3. M

    TKR newbie here

    Right TKR in the morning at 7:30 with curtain call at 5:30 am. To be honest I am feeling very anxious as the last few weeks have been hard. My husband and twin son and daughter will be there so I will be happy to see them when I get back to my room.
  4. M

    TKR newbie here

    I am heading back home to Phoenix tomorrow and getting ready for my right knee replacement on Wednesday. I saw my surgeon on Tuesday and told him about my dad and he asked me if I wanted to postpone my surgery and I said absolutely not. I just remember how much better I am already walking with...
  5. M

    TKR newbie here

    Thanks everyone. Laura
  6. M

    TKR newbie here

    My dad passed away early this morning. I have my pre op appt on Tuesday and then we will drive the 12+ hours to New Mexico. We will come back to Phoenix on Sunday and have my knee surgery on Wednesday the 29th. I am sad but grateful he is no longer in pain. Thanks for listening, Laura
  7. M

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Thanks Tashia, It's nice to know the people on here get me. I mean they all have similar stories with their knees but it goes much further than that. I know when I can't sleep there is always some one here to read about and it helps me know that I will get through this all.
  8. M

    TKR newbie here

    Hi to everyone, I am getting ready for my next RTKR on May 29th. Just trying to keep my anxiety down. My dad is now in ICU in New Mexico with pneumonia, sepsis, and failing kidneys. The dr told my brother today that this will be his last chance at a recovery. But he has surprised us all in the...
  9. M

    TKR This time I am doing it right and having a blast

    Hi Tashia. I am still awake here in AZ. It is 1 in the morning here. I hope you are feeling better and continue to get out and about. I tend to isolate myself at home at times too. My RTKR is scheduled for May 29th so I am trying like crazy to control my anxiety. I hope you have a pleasant...
  10. M

    TKR newbie here

    Hi everyone. I have my mri on my right knee in 5 hours and here I lie in bed trying to stay calm. I have 1 xanax my Dr gave me to take when I get there. It worked great in November for my left knee along with listening to Adelle on the headset. My rtkr is on May 29th. When I went to my dr on...
  11. M

    TKR Time to Veg Out!

    i am so glad you are up and about. cheers for a great recovery. laura
  12. M

    TKR newbie here

    Thank you so much Elisea for checking in on me. I really appreciate it. I am going to my new gym at least 5 days a week. They have this great elipitical which you sit on and moves like an exercise bike but is even more gentle on my knees. Then I use the pool and hot tub. Today was my31st...
  13. M

    TKR newbie here

    Hi to all of you. I had a milestone today. I figured only you all would appreciate my excitement. I was able to walk up and down 2 full flights of stairs one foot at a time at my gym today. I haven't been able to do that in more than 15 years. The only bummer is my RTKR is 8 weeks from today...
  14. M

    Revision TKR Loosening, RA ?Second Revision

    Hi Shortie. Welcome to the bright side of life. I hope you have a safe and uneventful recovery. Where are you at in East Anglia? We were at RAF Lakenheath 90-94. I well remember wanting to just be outside on a nice sunny day. I get sunny days almost year round here in Arizona. But when on...
Back
Top Bottom