Recent content by Mojo2013

  1. Mojo2013

    THR AWS Heading to Pain Free Town

    If you can go to Costco, that sounds like great progress! :-) Congrats. Enjoy the graduation. Emma
  2. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    Just a low key weekend. Husband and dog back home. Yay! Practicing on the cane is slow going actually. I'm still taking the crutch more places than the cane until I"m more comfortable. Short trips only. How's everyone doing?
  3. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    @kayak59 that sounds awesome all the things you're cleared for! I look forward to scar healing so I can be cleared for pool also. But today.... resting. This midwestern weather is crazy, right? Hope the tornados missed you! Emma
  4. Mojo2013

    THR 20 hours post op

    @Mettlehip welcome to the "other side"! No one even asked me if I wanted a catheter... But as the spinal wore off I just realized I hadn't been to the bathroom in a while. LOL. Glad your recovery is going well so far. Emma
  5. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    Day 23! 3 weeks and 2 days. After a rest day yesterday, feeling much better and less tired today. Had PT this morning. Still going well. Nothing too intense. Transitioning to cane, gait training, etc. My husband is gone overnight to our niece's graduation in upstate NY. So, dog had to go...
  6. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    @MyAussieGirl I do go outside and usually walk around the block just to get some sunshine. Spent all day today inside though to try and get ahead of the stiffness, especially since I have PT early tomorrow morning. Also, it is super windy here so I'll wait for that to change before I venture...
  7. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    I'm going bonkers and need a little socialization! Today will be a rest day for sure. Sometimes the social contact seems a fair trade for a few aches and pain... Emma Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  8. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    Thanks @Jamie !
  9. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    Thanks @Jamie . Average day is, sleep in, get up and make breakfast (smoothie, so super easy), shower & dress, take a walk or do home exercises, rest, lunch (either ordered or takeout). Lots of TV watching, back and forth around the house. A few minor chores here and there, like putting...
  10. Mojo2013

    THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

    How's everyone doing today?
  11. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    @Jamie I hear you about the PT. I think when I say he will make me work hard I mean he will encourage me to do the very best I can at any given time. The increase in stiffness I feel around the incision and glutes seems to be related the scar tissue there, and PT recommended some very gentle...
  12. Mojo2013

    THR Kayak59's Left SuperPath Hip Replacement Recovery

    It sounds like you're doing really well. I too suffer from a lot of restlessness, so I get it. It's especially true as I feel like my brain is coming alive a little bit, and the body can do more, but I still get tired and need a lot of rest. It's hard for me to rest when I need to, and the...
  13. Mojo2013

    Mojo2013 recovery thread

    Hi all! First outpatient PT today. I liked the therapist, although I think he's going to make me work hard. None of the exercises were too crazy though. There was one exercise I didn't want to do, mostly because in didn't think I could even do it, and he respected that decision. He said ok we...
  14. Mojo2013

    THR Aussie's Posterior LTHR

    Awesome on PT! You are doing awesome. We will all be back in shoe tying form soon..lol Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
  15. Mojo2013

    THR Feel Exhausted 17 Days Post Op.

    I relate to you on the need for afternoon naps. It's almost a part of my routine at this point. Short trips outside or tasks around the house also get me tired quick. But, it's gotten a lot better since the surgery so I expect it will continue to improve. Based on the reading it seems like...
Back
Top Bottom