Recent content by MJo42

  1. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Chiro and a osteopath didn't worked for me in the past and it's probably not the best idea since some of my joints are quite arthritic. As for the cycling, I've been cycling regularly for quite some time so it's even more reason to be surprised that whatever this is has flared up! I wasn't even...
  2. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Well, its been a couple of months since ive been on but have a wee problem and wondering if anyone can offer some advice. I was out cycling on my very first ever club group ride when I got a puncture....typical. So I flipped my bike over and bent down to get my spare tube out my seat bag when...
  3. MJo42

    THR copsham's recovery thread

    Sorry, been off forum for awhile! You broke your foot?!? Hope its not too sore now (not sure when about it happened) and keep your chin up old bean xx
  4. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Long time no post! I'm not sure its been a good thing as I had forgotten how supportive this site is and how it feels to give someone a boost when they are having a down day. All is good, had a bike fit and now have a 12mm shim on my left shoe with my right shoe cleat offset to take the longer...
  5. MJo42

    THR golfmore's hip

    I was told it can take up to a year so just keep plodding away and buidling those muscles up. Sometimes I think we hippies forget what major surgery we have had because we feel ok compared to before the op. I had mine in January so and cycling and walking ok but still buidling my fitness and...
  6. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    So very sorry Jamie, amended as requested:ok: I had a biomechanical assessment at the weekend and my left leg is 13mm shorter which the heel insert I currently have is not quite sorting it. Getting new insoles in a couple of weeks to fingers crossed theres light at the end of the tunnel.
  7. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Wonky! What a great way to describe it . Fingers crossed new insoles even me out a bit and the old spine begins to behave Thanks for the pep talk.
  8. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    I wear orthotics anyway and have done for years due to **** Achilles (prob something to do with my apparently rubbish kinectic chain) but have delayed getting them reviewed until after the 3 months post op mark. My right leg is now about 1cm longer and really notice it if I don't have the heel...
  9. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Well 17 weeks in and new hip is doing great, the downside is my back is now very unhappy about the changes to my mechanics. We had hoped that some of my previous back pain was referred from my hip but alas it doesn't appear to have been the case, total bummer! Hoping new orthotics at the end of...
  10. MJo42

    Raised Toilet Seat: Was It a Godsend or Not Really Needed?

    I used one, we called it our "Granny seat" (no offense to any Grannies on the thread) My partners 16 year old daughter was mortified as you can imagine its not very cool to bring friends round and see the framed toilet monstrosity. That aside, def worth having in the first 6 weeks :-)
  11. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Hey @copsham, do you get pain in your groin when doing the bum tensing exercise? I don't understand why its should be sore!!
  12. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    Yeah it was a bummer it was so cloudy but it actually did a good job on filtering the light and when the clouds were thinning you could see it brilliantly!! I take it you are getting the same tiredness? Its hard to get the balance isn't it? @copsham
  13. MJo42

    THR Mjo42 Surgery date 15/01/15

    9 weeks in and feeling good. I've overdone it the last 3 days so pretty goosed today. Getting there and phased returned to work planned to start when I hit 12 weeks. My work Physio is being cautious since I commute 40 miles each way on a busy motorway. I'm getting to the cabin fever, want to do...
  14. MJo42

    Revision THR Och a wee set back

    Jeez was this at the NRIE?!? That sounds awful and I hope you are in a better place now x I was supposed to go to the NRIE and have Mr Gaston as my surgeon but ended up at the Golden Jubilee, brilliant hospital, so glad I ended up there as I wasn't looking forward to being an inpatient at the...
  15. MJo42

    THR Neighbor said he walked 4 miles after 10 days post op?

    4 miles after 10 days post op?!? I'm pushing it to do 1.5 miles after 9 weeks and I'm chuffed with that! Done over 7k steps three days in a row and now knackered so day on the couch for me. Kudos to those that manage stuff like that so soon!
Back
Top Bottom