Raised Toilet Seat: Was It a Godsend or Not Really Needed?

Status
Not open for further replies.
@Great Aunt Janet i totally agree with you. Hospital had a toilet with no help. Had to bring in a bedside toilet. Aldo no hip chair, a very low recliner which would have broken restrictions. The biggest Oops was the whole floor had no hot water from the faucets. Strange, no showers and a very cool sponge bath. Boiler down....glad to leave for sure. It is 2015.
 
@Great Aunt Janet i totally agree with you. Hospital had a toilet with no help. Had to bring in a bedside toilet. Aldo no hip chair, a very low recliner which would have broken restrictions. The biggest Oops was the whole floor had no hot water from the faucets. Strange, no showers and a very cool sponge bath. Boiler down....glad to leave for sure. It is 2015.
Ouch! Sounds like there were plenty of incentives to leave that hospital!

Mine was that for the final two days they gave me an elderly hard of hearing roommate who had three alarms around her. They were constantly going off and people would come in and in very loud voices tell her not to leave the bed. Of course she would say 'ok' and then do it again.

If I were paranoid I would have thought they were purposely chasing me out.

Not sure which is worse, no hot shower or buzzers going off all of the time next to your ear...or maybe low toilets!
 
@Cindy99 wow, I would have gone nuts with the alarms, especially on pain meds. Yikes!
I kept my cool because I had already been a bad patient and I figured I wouldn't make any more friends if I complained. Good thing I rememberd to bring earplugs with me! Unfortunately my headphones weren't noise -blocking ones.
 
@Teecup I've been home 2 days post op and haven't needed the raised seat or the potty chair. Although I think the advise to buy one and leave it in the box is good! Just in case.
 
I used one, we called it our "Granny seat" (no offense to any Grannies on the thread) My partners 16 year old daughter was mortified as you can imagine its not very cool to bring friends round and see the framed toilet monstrosity. That aside, def worth having in the first 6 weeks :-)
 
@Teecup I'm with you girl...no way will I let hubby see me on the loo (as the English say..lol)! In fact, I better be able to shower on my own or I'm going to be one dirty girl (I've gained 35 pounds in the past year and I'm trying to hide it from him)! :heehee:
I felt the same way but necessity took over. Too late, he's seen it all!!
 
for my double knee replacement it was helpful... but with my hip surgery I did not need it.
 
My husband took the raised seat away and put a brand new "regular" one on but failed to tell me. I came down with a THUMP! We did get a good much needed laugh about it.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.
Back
Top Bottom