Recent content by missyjane

  1. M

    TKR Hubby's new knee

    Susie-Q, I thought for a long time before purchasing my Lounge Doctor but it's awesome! Five months post surgery my routine is to use it for 30-60 minutes every night in bed while reading. It really helps with that little end-of-day swelling.
  2. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    Thanks for checking in, Layla! My recovery continues to be a smooth one. I do have some aches and pains but not the grinding bone-on-bone that I lived with for so long. At almost three months post surgery we took a three day trip to Dearborn MI and visited the Henry Ford museums d the Vilkage...
  3. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    I had an interesting conversation at PT yesterday with the gentleman who was with me in the “icing area” (the place I go has a number of ice machines we can use at the end of a session; everyone agrees that it’s the BEST part of therapy). Anyway he was three weeks out from a TKR, compared to my...
  4. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    Layla, thanks for checking in, it has been a long time. Tomorrow will be six weeks post surgery and I am amazed at how well things are going. I remember feeling a bit guilty with my first knee because my recovery was so smooth - this time I feel quite guilty about how well this is going. But I’m...
  5. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    The nurses all warned me that day three is usually the worst so I was dreading Friday. It turned out to be the day I cut back on Oxycodone with no ill effects and continued getting great sleep - who knew? I have boosted acetaminophen to 4000 mg per day and cut back to one Oxy, which gives good...
  6. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    I was so nervous about coming home immediately after surgery but it’s been great. I feel like I’ve gotten much better sleep in my own bed. Had a shower this morning which necessitated a two hour nap - recovery just has it’s own timetable!
  7. M

    TKR Missy Jane’s second knee replacement

    I got a call about 10 days ago from my surgeon’s office offering to move me up one day because they had had some cancellations. This was an easy “yes!” We were at the surgery center by 5:45 yesterday morning (March 10) and home about 2:30 pm. The center is 5 minutes from home so it was a very...
  8. M

    2026 March Musketeers - Are you having knee surgery in March?

    Me! I’m scheduled for a LTKR on March 11. @FlueveStone, we’re practically twins.
  9. M

    TKR New knee one month from tomorrow!

    I had a RTKR in July of 2019, one of the best decisions ever. I always knew the left knee would eventually need attention but life got in the way for a long time. My husband had successful cancer surgery in January 2025 and last year’s focus was on getting him strong and back to a normal life...
  10. M

    TKR missyjane’s new knee

    While I read posts here regularly, it has been so long since I posted. It's interesting to read about the experience of someone just starting this journey and compare it to mine. I didn't post very often because my recovery was and is pretty unremarkable - I had pain but not overwhelming, good...
  11. M

    TKR Larry’s LTKR Recovery

    What a wonderful post! The long term support of this forum is invaluable. Thank you for reminding us why we had our knees replaced.
  12. M

    TKR FitGal’s Recovery

    @FitGal, I was just about to tag you and ask for an update. Glad to hear you’re managing your tough schedule so well. Good luck with the travels!
  13. M

    TKR lindakay’s recovery thread

    When home health care removed my staples the lower portion of my incision was “gaping” enough that she took pictures and sent them to my surgeon before applying the steri strips. His nurse said it looked ok so she put a double layer on the questionable area. I felt just like you do: what if I...
  14. M

    TKR luvcats recovery box

    Prayers coming your way!
  15. M

    Revision TKR Sondrals’ Revision

    @sondrals, I used the wheeled walker for more than two weeks because it felt so stable and secure. I think you should use whatever makes you comfortable. Sending you prayers for peace.
Back
Top Bottom