Recent content by Minnie15

  1. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Thanks @Layla Yes finally pain free would be great! A long journey and unfortunate this happened. I have to say I did have to fight my case of why I was still in pain and was determined to get a second opinion, so I’m certainly glad I did and it was great to hear from the surgeon that it was...
  2. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Thank you @Mojo333 yes resting up whilst doing my exercise like a good girl!
  3. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Good morning from the UK where I’m pleased to say that yesterday after an 18 month wait, I finally had the hip arthroscopy to do a psoas tendon release. Had a lot of pain initially after the op and became very dehydrated but resting at home today and managed to get some sleep. The surgeon...
  4. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @SaraK thank you! Yes I’m grateful for having the THR 5 years ago as the arthritis caused so much pain and discomfort and it took me a while to make the decision to go for it. I’m glad I did. Always very grateful for the support this group gave me. This second procedure will happen soon and...
  5. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Five years! Wow! Happy Hip anniversary to any others tuning in today! Still waiting on my key hole surgery unfortunately and still in fluctuating pain. Surgeon not allowing anymore cortisone injections.
  6. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Thanks cheerleaders :-) I know right, the NHS is in a bit of a pickle over here at the moment. Ridiculous wait time. My friend waited six months for her tendon release surgery but that was pre-covid. @GrannyC thank you my lovely friend!! I hope you’re ok!
  7. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @Mojo333 yes the last injection was in August, it lasted two months. Although I’m in a different category being a day case, I was told that the current wait for a THR is 2 1/2 years at the moment here in the UK. I can only hope..
  8. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    Update time! Good news my friends, the new OS has agreed that I need the tendon release surgery. All the tests pointed to this potential problem but the clear indicator was being pain free after the cortisone injection into the psoas muscle on two occasions. I’m now on a waiting list which I...
  9. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @Hip4life Thank you for taking the time to explain how you’ve had a similar problem. It definitely sounds like I would benefit from this tendon release surgery, so I’m also fingers and toes crossed! Really helpful to hear your recovery was swift leading to a pain free life, wonderful. I’ll...
  10. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @SaraK thank you that’s good to know and yes I see what you’re saying. I’ll keep you posted!
  11. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @SaraK thank you for replying. Yes this sounds an identical problem. My friend has also had the problem and had the op to release the tendon. She’s now pain free. I’m seeing the same surgeon that treated her who is young and dynamic and has performed 30 of these ops all having huge success, so...
  12. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @Mojo333 thank you.
  13. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @Layla @Mojo333 Aww miss chatting to you guys! Thanks so much and Happy Spring and Summer too
  14. Minnie15

    THR New hip, new beginning.

    @helenium thanks for your message. Unfortunately no I’m still having trouble! I had a further cortisone injection last summer and instantly I had huge relief and pain free but it didn’t last. All my appointments were then put on hold due to covid and I was literally told they have no idea what’s...
  15. Minnie15

    THR Glad to be in this side<

    @Layla @Mojo333 thank you so much it’s great to hear from you!! Yes my post was merged with my original thread to make it easier. I’m good thanks and hope you are too. Here’s to a healthy, pain free and no more lockdown rest of 2021! Sending love x
Back
Top Bottom