Recent content by MimiMimi

  1. MimiMimi

    TKR Tough Going <

    Thanks, my surgeon has left the practice. I talked with a triage nurse who said to ice it and give it a few days. If not better by tomorrow I'll make an appointment.
  2. MimiMimi

    TKR Tough Going <

    Hi y'all! I'm three years out from my TKR. Since then, I've also had a THR! My knee has been doing well up until about four days ago. It is stiff, sore, and appears to have an effusion. It is not particularly warm or red. No fever. What could be causing this? I do have inflammatory arthritis...
  3. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Update...I'm posting in case this might be of interest to anyone with a stitch abscess from a foreign body Ireaction. just had surgery to irrigate and debride a small area where the sinus tract opened up. He also re-stitched it with nylon. This has been super annoying, since I have had to be...
  4. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Thank you!
  5. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    @parry1229 I saw the surgeon today because I have been feeling unsatisfied with the PA's take in things. He is concerned about the abscess and wants to see me weekly for the next couple of weeks and gave me strict instructions not to take my meds for psoriatic arthritis, as they are...
  6. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    I saw the physician's assistant today. She poked around the abscess and expressed a little bit of stuff from it. It really hurt! It's very tender in that area. She said she thinks it's is from a stitch and that it is superficial and will heal on it's own. I wasn't very convinced, but we will see....
  7. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    I sent them a photo and they think it's a suture abcess. They want to see me Monday afternoon. I hope it really is nothing serious. I have no fever but have had chills, fatigue and headache and soreness in the area for several weeks. Now this
  8. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    It's been almost5 months since my surgery. I just noticed a little hole in my incision and exudate. I'm thinking this is not good.
  9. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Hi @Layla ! Yes, it's almost been three months! I keep reminding myself to be patient with my progress. I cancelled my physical therapy appt, which was recommended by the OS's physician's assistant, because it just didn't make sense to me that it would help. The good news is I'm about 50%...
  10. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    True! Might be a good plan. From what I've read, there's often a surgical approach . I'm so not wanting that.
  11. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    But the surgeon's office wants me to go to PT for this. I have read that it can be caused by the tendon rubbing over the prostheses. I did not do PT after surgery. I'm really in a quandary about what to do.
  12. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Thank you! I'll see the PT January 3rd if I don't chicken out.
  13. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    I don't know if it's caused by too much activity. It could be caused by irritation from the protheses...right?
  14. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Hi, I saw the physican assistant at the OS office today. He confirmed probable hip flexor tendinitis. In the meantime I have started a prednisone taper which has helped tremendously with the pain. They are recommending physical therapy. Not sure what to think about that.
  15. MimiMimi

    THR I'm an official Hippie

    Thank you, I'm waiting for a call back from the OS office. I'm wondering if it is possible psoas tendinopathy.
Back
Top Bottom