Recent content by mikebob

  1. mikebob

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    @Celle I think your right! These are two different things (tools) used by surgeons. The Q-pump is for post opp use to manage pain up to 10 days.
  2. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    @flyaway79 most of my pain or irritation comes at the end of the day. Typically when I get up in the AM I have some stiffness, no pain just stiffness. After about 5 to 10 miniutes of moving around that's gone and most of the day I'm fine. I have no tight band feeling or major swelling. Sometimes...
  3. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    3 months and doing great! I have zero pain 90% of the day. I do have some irritable pain when really pushing hard or a long day. Nothing a little ice and elevation can't fix. Otherwise I have completed my physical therapy and moving around very well.
  4. mikebob

    Nerve block that you go home with??

    Sorry for the very late response! RTKR ON March 13th. Nothing negative to report on the on Q-pump system. Here's how it works, When you arrive at the surgery center/hospital the anesthesiologist will do an ultra sound above the knee. The object is to locate the two catheters he will then...
  5. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    This technology is a game changer. @Arttie hope you get it in November! Just for the chance to avoid the narcotics it's well worth it. It further amazes me the folks that are on pain meds months after there procedures.
  6. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    @flyaway79 you are right. Another happy customer! It's clear that the use of the Q-pump sure limits the recovery pain for the time following surgery. In the future I hope others whom are having Knee replacement surgery can experience the effect this technology has on our recoveries. Lots of...
  7. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    @Jennszoo got it! My misunderstanding. For sure ask. Good luck to you, I would like to hear your experience. Mike
  8. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    @Jennszoo...I belive the Q-pump in only used and placed just prior to surgery and removed at about 7-10 days post op.
  9. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    Agreed that pain must be managed. However this logic is partially financially driven by the insurance companies. My pain was managed perfectly. If insurance companies would pay for the anesthesiologist to do the ultrasound and place the catheters and prepare a Q-pump one simply does not need...
  10. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    Jamie point taken....hey you guys are the experts. And i do appreciate the wisdom you have to share. I was only sharing my experiences. An individual has to read this stuff, learn and then be cautious. Hey my recovery could have went bad. I still would have shared my experiences...of course...
  11. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    Good stuff! The sooner you are home the better!
  12. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    Agreed! I had no idea what I was getting into. My previous surgeries were minor compared to this, actually I was a bit nervous. Just a few days prior to my TKR I found this site a read a lot of stories and was inspired by many. I'm fortunate enough to have many Doctors in my family including my...
  13. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    My outpatient surgery went like this, Arrived at surgery center at 10am, catheters inserted at 10:45, out at 11:15 and under the knife, out or surgery and woke up in recovery at about 2:45pm, in the car riding home at 5:30, at home resting by 7pm.
  14. mikebob

    TKR New Knee for Mike

    Well 51 days now and things are getting back to normal. Sleep is much better now. I attribute my success to my drive to exercise everyday. I do push my knee very hard, this drive has clearly worked for me. I really believe that getting back at life as early as possible is this key to success...
  15. mikebob

    TKR Deans recovery thread

    Are you suggesting that PT is complete once an individual reaches 120-125? Just trying to better understand.
Back
Top Bottom