Recent content by Midchild54

  1. Midchild54

    THR Surgery done and recovering - yay!!!

    I am 5 months post surgery and I still have to be careful of overdoing anything or I get sore or hurt in my joint. Your hip is very good at telling you what you can and cannot do. Like the mantra says, if it hurts, don't do it. It will get better and go away as long as you don't overwork it...
  2. Midchild54

    THR Surgery done and recovering - yay!!!

    I found that a real life saver is a good seat cushion. I take it everywhere with me; my car, church, sporting events, etc. It helps immensely when sitting for long periods. THR energy drain is a real thing. It has been over 3 mths since my last surgery and if I do too much, I feel as if I...
  3. Midchild54

    THR Not old yet but getting right hip done.

    Hope all is well with you. I have enjoyed watching your thread. Di
  4. Midchild54

    THR Almost 3months and now new problem

    Hi @nochoice I was wondering if you could tell me more about you non-diabetic neuropathy in your feet, what does it feel like? I've been having burning in my feet for years but it's gotten so bad that I have burning during the day even when I'm in sandels. My GP has tried a few meds that are...
  5. Midchild54

    THR when does the limp leave?

    Hi @thenug and welcome. I believe your surgeon was correct, walking is the best exercise. I found it very important to make sure I never limped. I didn't progress from walker to crutches to cane to unaided until I could do the next step up without limping. I have had both hips replaced and by...
  6. Midchild54

    THR Surgery done and recovering - yay!!!

    That is the most ridiculous thing I've ever heard, especially coming from a Dr. I and a lot of other bone smarties used ice 24/7 for at least the first week. It helps immensely with the pain and swelling. I've been through this with both hips in the last 7 mths, can't even imagine not having the...
  7. Midchild54

    THR I now have a matching set!

    Hi @cj19mann sorry it took so long to get back to you. You asked in my thread about my lower back issues. I still haven't seen a Dr. I'm waiting for my next post op in a few weeks to see if my OS has a different referral for me. However, he had told me previously that he saw some arthritis in my...
  8. Midchild54

    THR Happy Hippy From the other side

    Don't knock it till you try it. I found them very comfortable.
  9. Midchild54

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    :driver:That's great news! Good on you for sticking up for yourself and being assertive. :bow:
  10. Midchild54

    THR Kay9s Recovery

    I've just caught up on your post and your recovery is amazing! I am a taxi driver so driving was extremely important to me. From most posts on Bonesmart that I've read, most Dr's just say when you can do a hard brake and are off pain meds, you can drive. My first THR was the right hip in...
  11. Midchild54

    THR I now have a matching set!

    My knee gave me problems for a,good 3 weeks, same as 1st op. I believe it has more to do with how they twist your leg around to dislocate the hip.
  12. Midchild54

    THR Am I dreaming? Not anymore!

    @Legin Nothings been ruled out, it hasn't been diagnosed yet.
  13. Midchild54

    THR Arizona Dreamin'

    Hi all, I too am a horse person, albeit an inexperienced one. My surgeon told me to wait the three month mark before getting back in the saddle, maybe because I had posterior approach. Its kind of funny, but when I started riding some a few years ago (after not riding at all for 25 odd years), I...
  14. Midchild54

    THR Am I dreaming? Not anymore!

    @Legin I think that's the most frustrating. I have never had a leg length differential and still don't so it perplexed me that I'm having so much lower back pain. It would be an easy fix, but the massage and acupuncture sounds very plausible. Don't know why I didn't think of that, thanks. I...
Back
Top Bottom