Recent content by Michigan Mitten

  1. M

    TKR Surgery March 22

    One week left till surgery. I bet you can’t wait till it’s over! I had 2 TKR in 2020, last one dec 10th so I feel I can give advice. Read the pre surgery tips on bonesmart. Being prepared is key to a smooth recovery. Walker, cane , toilet riser, ice machine are essentials. Practice...
  2. M

    TKR LTKR March 11, 2021

    Hoping your surgery went well and you are recovering well. Those first few days of recovery are not fun. Each day is better then the last one.
  3. M

    TKR Dr Richard Berger

    How far from chicago are you? I know 3 people with TKR surgury within last month who had surgeries from local surgeons in our mid size town in northern Michigan . All were successful surgeries from very competent drs. I think the moderator is right, that traveling after TKR is not advised...
  4. M

    TKR Outpatient TKR

    Good luck tomorrow and see you on the other side! We are here for you
  5. M

    TKR Extreme painful hamstring

    Try some heat on those areas. I too had those muscle aches at 2 months post op and it was very bothersome. You should talk to dr and or Pt about it. Eventually mine went away. Maybe your sleeping position isn’t helping
  6. M

    TKR Hanging in there

    Hopefully your mood has been uplifted as a few days have passed. I am almost 4 weeks into recovery and still have “dumpy” days due to lack of sun or just bored or just lazy or sore . I live in northern Michigan where the sunny days are few and far between, so I take vitamin D to help combat...
  7. M

    TKR 8 days post op

    Congrats on your new knee and quick recovery! That’s awesome and your an inspiration. Soon you will be running marathons!
  8. M

    TKR Hanging in there

    I too get the blues and have found myself crying when watching tv shows. Lol... cried while watching the movie karate kid! Bullies can be so mean! The blues and random outbreaks of crying are part of recovery and I learned back with my first TKR in June 2020 just to roll with it. I am now 3...
  9. M

    TKR How long till I feel better and normal after TKR?

    Sorry to hear that the pain meds make you nauseous. Are you eating something prior to taking your pain meds... that may help. Ice is also great for pain control. With my first TKR back in June I was miserable due to lack of sleep, uncomfortable pain. I was not motivated for Pt either so I...
  10. M

    TKR Help!

    I had LTKR on dec 10 2020, so I am about 3 and a half weeks into it. I also had TKR on my right knee in June 2020 which was a painful difficult recovery where I vowed never to have surgery again! Unfortunately my left knee wasn’t going to cooperate so back to the operating table I went in...
  11. M

    Bilateral TKR Progress and questions<

    Good luck with your surgery, you will feel so much better afterwards! You are a brave and strong person, be proud of yourself. Having both knees done at once must of been difficult and I give you a lot of credit for doing so. I had outpatient TKR surgery in June 2020 and again on dec 10...
  12. M

    TKR TKR Pain

    Hi Nana1, hope you are having a better day and not in so much pain. I am on my 2nd knee TKR recovery 6/25/20 and 12/10/20. I feel for you on the pain you are experiencing and sorry that the pain meds are not working for you. Have you talked to your doctor about a replacement pain med? Pt...
  13. M

    TKR Pain while waiting

    Hello bishop , I hope today’s a better day for you. I underwent a RTKR in June 2020 after waiting 3months due to covid. Before surgury I started using a walker to relieve the pressure of bone on bone and also got a raised toilet seat as that duty seemed to aggravate my knee having to bend down...
  14. M

    TKR December 16 2 weeks away

    We will be thinking about you and wish all the best for you. I am having my left knee replacement on dec 10 2020, my first was on June 25th of this year. You will be fine, everyday is better then the last day and the recovery just requires patience. Your best friend will be a ice machine ...
  15. M

    TKR Scheduled for Dec. 14

    I’ll be 4 days ahead of you for my left on dec 10th. Best wishes and see you on the other side
Back
Top Bottom