Recent content by mg5457

  1. mg5457

    2018 May Marvels - Are you having knee surgery in May?

    It’s been over a year since I’ve been on Bonesmart. It’s time for right knee. Surgeon has rushed me in for May 16, RTKR. My 20 year old mind set in 61 year old body trashed my right knee by moving 1.5 ton of rocks and moving a fridge to the basement. Stuck in crutches until new knee is complete...
  2. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    It has been awhile since my last post. Good thing I like amusement rides. This has been quite a roller coaster. Right now I am on my first outdoor bicycle ride and it is WONDERFUL!!!![emoji1] Been inside on bike trainer doing my own PT by lower seat. Now at 120. Things I've learned...
  3. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    Finally got my quad & hamstring to fire to the point of being able to do leg lift. Man it felt wonderful!! I still have a massive bruise around my upper thigh from the tournicuff. Bruise has been more painful and swollen than knee. Been working on relearning to walk properly with new...
  4. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    @sisterinhim- Thanks. Bending the knee is best solution I've found. Works 90% of the time especially if I push the range limit a few seconds longer. Using to get ROM . Had a great post op with OS' PA. Cleared to get back on all herbs since I'm off blood thinners and only on Tylenol. Couple...
  5. mg5457

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    My OS actually told me my new leg is almost 3/4" longer due to varus correction and no longer bone on bone. He gave me copy before/ after X-rays showing alignment differential. His PA said after my RTKR in March a lot of my back pain could very well be corrected also. 01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
  6. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    What is everyone doing for the healing itches under the bandage. I see OS tomorrow for post op. I know they will be taking off the silver bandage. No staples got glued. 01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
  7. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    3:30am New sensation/ pain , first knuckle of big toe feels like it has been severely jammed and bruised. Very sensitive to touch right on joint when wife tried to rub it out and hurts like @&!.. when bending/ curling. Can barely walk on it. Anyone else get odd pains like this? 01/24/17...
  8. mg5457

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    @highlander- You must have AAA personality like myself coupled with the "hard work upbringing" your a rancher. I know the frustrations you are experiencing. It goes against every fiber of my being to be laying around even after someone has put me into a chemically induced coma, cut my leg...
  9. mg5457

    New Right knee 2/7

    @LinKay- Welcome to Bone Smart. I had LTKR a week ago yesterday. I hurt less right after surgery due to the local anesthetic. After it all wore off it did present challenging moments and still does. As far as "feeling" better as a whole FlaGranny is right. The body has just been through some...
  10. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    @LTKR4Xmas- found out also that taking the socks off helps a lot . I like bare foot better anyway. And The "Absolutely no weight " is key. "Tylenol alone". There is more than Tylenol it's just not external chemicals. @ lene'- NOT FUN at ALL. Especially when it wakes everyone else up...
  11. mg5457

    TKR Two new knees....yes, please

    @crstysue- welcome to this side of the journey. We are exactly 1 week apart I had my LTKR last week. Take advantage of nap time. It keeps me moving forward. 01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
  12. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    3:41 am- happened again. Electric jolt. This time pulled blanket off of foot and instant relief. Gonna keep foot uncovered see what happens. 01/24/17 LTKR, then RTKR
  13. mg5457

    TKR Resistance is Futile

    12:00 am- last bathroom run of the day, time for Tylenol and tv show we watching is over. Leg elevated nicely and ice machine on . 1:35 am Sound asleep- sat straight up in recliner with a pain that felt like a major electrical shock. I been bit by 277 volt but this woke everyone including the...
  14. mg5457

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    @ highlander - Let your wife take you on a guided meditation. By your comment about hunting by Steamboat you are predisposed to get into meditation quite easily. One of the most important things is to breath deeply even in the midst of pain or spasm. "If only my leg would bend". Hew I thought...
  15. mg5457

    TKR Highlander's New Knee

    @ highlander- I have used meditation with deep breathing to get through the roughest pain and spasms. The practice has been scientifically proven to reduce pain and improve healing. The deep breathing saturates the body with vital oxygen which is critical for the healing process. Visualize...
Back
Top Bottom