Recent content by MetEish

  1. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    That's must have been so soul destroying, but safety first! You new hip will come right in it's own time. Yes, I had mine done while still in South Africa. The doc that did it is extremely good and thorough. He was one of only 5 surgeons in South Africa that did the AMIS method using Medacta...
  2. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    That's awesome! How is your recovery coming along? Also, did you have you replacement done under Medicare or private? I've seen the AMIS doctors are all based in Gold Coast. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  3. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Hi! Yes, moved to Brisbane. Loving it here. Yeah, lots of South Africans moving to Oz for some obvious and some not so obvious reasons. It's a great place and we fit in quite well with everyone ;-). Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  4. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Ouch! Sorry to hear the hassles you've been through! You will be good as gold before long! Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  5. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Hey everyone! Been a while since my last post. Lots has happened, like moving country! I'm now 5 months post surgery and am still amazed at how it's all gone. I'm at that stage now where I don't think about my hip anymore. Like it's been there since birth! I'm back on the mountain bike now...
  6. MetEish

    THR Looking for input from those who are 1 yr+ post op

    Went running around and kicking a ball with the kids the other day. My body reminded me what I did to it that evening, but was fine the next day. The problem is that we feel so good, we over do it easily. Although o don't think about my hip often anymore, I have to keep myself aware of it so...
  7. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    @Tweatybrd, we tend to get so worked up on this as it is still regarded a major surgery, but I was so surprised at how much easier it was than I thought it would be. Key is to relax, enjoy the time off work and listen to Dr orders! Thank you @Dust! You'll get there quicker than you think...
  8. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Hi all, Just over 10 weeks post op now. Still amazed at the difference from before my op to now. Amazing! I hardly think about my hip now. No pain and almost no stiffness. I've been able to move into positions that I wasn't able to move into for years. My walking is perfect now. No...
  9. MetEish

    THR 1st left hip replacement at 26^

    Welcome to the good side! Have a look at my recovery thread for some feel good reading. I've had a smooth recovery so far and so happy to have done this at 38. Sent from my iPhone using broken link removed: https://r.tapatalk.com/byo?rid=75543
  10. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Hi all. It's been almost 8 weeks post op now. I can say that I'm so happy I went through with this. I forget that I've had a replacement from time to time now. I've been driving for 3 weeks now with no issues. Been in the office full time for 4 weeks, but luckily I have a desk job to make...
  11. MetEish

    THR 8 days post op

    I had a similar issue the day after my replacement. Pain meds were not managed by nursing correctly, so when I got up for my first walk, I told the PT halfway that I'm done and to take me back. IV was removed and I was changed to oral pain meds thereafter. Walk the next morning was perfect...
  12. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    1 month: Started driving yesterday. As if nothing happened! No problems at all. Took the last dressing off also. Posted in the hippie scars forum - have a look. Only using one crutch full time now - mostly for balance and security as I'm putting 50-50 on both legs most of the time. All in...
  13. MetEish

    2016 August Hot Shots - Are you having hip surgery in August?

    Hey all you fellow August Hot Shots! It's the 1st of September, which means we've all crossed to the good side! Congratulations everyone! Onwards and upwards [emoji1]. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  14. MetEish

    THR The Borg Assimilation!

    Thought I'd post my X-ray that was taken while I was waking up from anaesthesia. Sent from my iPhone using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom