Recent content by mermaid44

  1. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Sure, I would like that.
  2. mermaid44

    Revision TKR Possible Arthrofibrosis after revision?

    Hello, I am also very interested in the outcomes for both of you with revision appointments. I had my TKR on my right knee on July 18, 2017. Things were going well in the recovery process then for the last month, I have been having a lot of pain behind my knee and on the left part (facing...
  3. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Thank you @Jamie for the opportunity to participate in a study. I will be happy to do it as long as it is before August 21 when I may return to work.
  4. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Thank you @KarriB, I was wondering what I should do. I don't want to hinder my recovery in any way. Getting this far has been a rough ride. I just don't know what to do! The part time thing may work. I know my district has a strict policy about "restrictions". They will not allow me to return...
  5. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    I have a question. I sleep with the ice machine on my knee and that causes a lot of my sleep issues. That hose is so uncomfortable and I'm a side sleeper so sleeping on my back is hard especially now that I'm getting sciatic pain. Is it ok to not ice during sleep? I've already had to give up...
  6. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Thank you @jboles and susie09, I appreciate your support and I'm actually feeling a little better. I just decided I won't elevate if it caused more pain. I just elevate a little now and ice constantly. You're right, the narcotics, lack of sleep and cabin fever are all attributing to my low...
  7. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    I think that this surgery is the most horrible experience I have ever been through. I am not a cry baby but I cry myself to sleep ( not restful sleep) every night. I am just miserable. I now have a terrible sciatic pain from the elevating of my leg. The elevation puts so much pressure on my...
  8. mermaid44

    TKR TKR 25/07/17 10am

    Wow!!! Great job. Let the healing begin...
  9. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Thank you for your support. I tried that today. I may have glue also because I have internal stitches that will dissolve. I found some waterproof bandages in my PT folder. I am now dealing with sciatic pain that seems to be triggered by elevating my leg... I hope you don't experience that...
  10. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Thank you everyone for the great advice. I have no idea where that darn UTI came from but what a pain. The hospital sent me home with an ice machine that I have been using religiously. I have not had any other knee replacement surgeries before this one. I did have an AC L reconstruction 10 years...
  11. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    I have to say that my healthcare has been good, PT visits daily and wound care which is changing of the bandages. I have internal stitches so nothing has to be removed. I just want to know when I can take a real shower!!!! Sponge baths are a pain and my sister has been washing my hair in the...
  12. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Hi, my RTKR was on July 18, 2017.
  13. mermaid44

    TKR Thesoutherncook's Second Time Around!

    Great to hear how well you're doing. I'm so happy for you.
  14. mermaid44

    TKR Mermaid's Second TKR

    Hi all, It has been 4 days now post op. I had surgery at 10:30 am on Tuesday and was home that same day at 8:00. The hospital staff was fantastic. I Have had home health services since Wednesday. Physical therapy and bandage changing. I did not have a drain and I did have lots of blood before...
  15. mermaid44

    What is the point if every day is this painful?!

    Hello Giggles 10, I'm so sad to hear of your experience with that doctor. I am 51 and have a BMI of 38. I just got my LTKR yesterday! I went through shots and therapy and nothing worked. I kept having to listen to the "you're too young" spiel! I finally told my doctor that it was inhumane to...
Back
Top Bottom