Recent content by megbabyrn

  1. megbabyrn

    TKR Almost 8 months later...the aftermath

    Karrington, Don't give up!! I felt that way with my first knee!! I was on pain meds for almost 6 months. The day my right knee stopped hurting, my left knee started. My PT really pushed me initially, all it did was cause crazy swelling, and pain. It took 4 months to get my ROM to 95'. And mostly...
  2. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Hi everyone!! It has been awhile!! Just to update, had my ORIF on my fractured patella 11/13/13. It healed fairly quickly initially. However, over last 2-3 months, it is still swollen and painful. Suprise!! One small piece of bone did not heal. Apparently it hasn't healed with the other bone...
  3. megbabyrn

    TKR Everything that could go wrong has...what to do now

    Wow!! How mean were they!! Josephine is soo right. Your poor knee just swelled up in protest!!!
  4. megbabyrn

    TKR Need Help and Encouragement, please...

    Hi BEG, Just read all your posts!! Just pray for karma for him. I do kneel, gently on my Rt knee ( done 11/21/11). I favor my left one more because I fractured the kneecap @ 10 weeks by falling on it, didn't know it for awhile. Had it pinned on 11/13/13, so it is still sore. My first husband did...
  5. megbabyrn

    TKR Post-Op in Tel Aviv, Israel

    Hi Bassplayer!! Happy to hear how you are doing, you really had your "moments"!! My RTKR is doing great, no problems at all. Had my LTKR ,4/3/13, 10 weeks later, fractured my patella, stopped my recovery big time!! Finally had ORIF with pins and wire on 11/13/13. ROM is great in my left, thank...
  6. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Hi everybody, Waiting for surgery on my fractured patella. I am going to have a ORIF. It means he will wire the patella parts back together, or put in a button. It has been over 6 months since the TKR, and almost 5 months since I fell. Has anyone have this done?? Megan
  7. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Would yu believe this!!!! I saw my ortho yesterday. After reviewing the X-ray, and labs, I broke my freaking patella!!!!!! I am in a immobilizer, from top of thigh to ankle for 4-8 weeks!!! At least I know why the pain( across the top) plus major swelling is legit!!!! Seeing my dermatologist on...
  8. megbabyrn

    TKR 9 weeks post TKR, ROM 105 with help

    Cubanita, my first TKR, my right one, was soo painful for me. Mt home PT would force my knee to bend while I laid on my belly. I cried every time . Of course the more she pushed, the more swelling, the worse ROM was!! It took 4 months to get to 120'. With my left TKR, I was ready for her. But...
  9. megbabyrn

    Revision TKR Never give up, keep trying, don't settle - that's me, Bonnie

    Bonnie, so glad this part is all over for you!! Hopefully now your progress will be exactly what you expected the first time around!! 43 years, wow, with everything you have gone through, there definitely is a strong bond!! Good luck with you're recovery. I will be following it, you are such an...
  10. megbabyrn

    Revision TKR Story of My Knees by RestAssured: Pt 3

    Sonja, You look so awesome. I didn't recognize you, you look that different. I love the exercise tips. I have an elliptical machine, but wasn't sure how to go about it. I can get low, so is the rower good for us?? Thank you!!
  11. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Here are 2 pictures, hopefully
  12. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Hi Josephine, and thank you. I will post a pic later. Maryo52, thank you for your imput. There have been no new meds before or after, it is very weird!! I will keep you all posted. I forgot to mention that last month, I was attempting to clean the shower, felt a sharp "zing". The next day, my...
  13. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Forgot to mention that I first noticed the rash in PT after she massage behind my knee, and just below( that is where the rash started). I was having hamstring tightness. I thought it was a bruise from that at first because of the purplish dots inside the area.
  14. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Hi everybody. I don't know how to find my old thread. 6 weeks post-op, I developed a thumb size rash. Flat, pink, with what looked like reddish purple pinpoint dots. It is not raised at the borders, does not itch at all. PMD thought it was ringworm ( I didn't at all think it was). Suggested...
  15. megbabyrn

    TKR LTKR done, now a well remembered journey!!

    Thanks Josephine!! I just didn't have it so much back there last time!! I am taking percocet10/325 every 6 hrs, doesn't feel like enough. I can't take ibuprophen reguarily, it raises my BP. I was wondering about doing too much, which means if I was wondering.......!!
Back
Top Bottom