Recent content by meechmom

  1. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    Thank you all for your encouragement and advice. I see my surgeon tomorrow for my 3 week follow up to the MUA. I think I need a rest too from all the exercise trying to get it to bend. It is still swollen and I'm still using a cane to walk. I hope the doctor agrees I need to slow down! Sent...
  2. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    Hi all, I am 56 years old and had my LTKR 7-28-14 and then a MUA 10-3-14. The Surgeon was able to get me to 125% during MUA but that same day during PT, the therapist could only push me to 115%. That's the most I could bend and as of yesterday, the therapist measured 108%. I can only bend on...
  3. meechmom

    TKR Hopefaith's Ups and Downs of Recovery

    I agree with tiredwife, this is the place to air all your feelings, good or bad! You never know if someone here has had the same feelings and can relate! We can all help each other get through the weeks of pain and misery! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  4. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    5 weeks post op and doing okay and yesterday had to have a unexpected root canal! Holy cow, what a week. At least the pain from the root canal is getting my mind off the knee pain! Always a silver lining. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  5. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    I was doing the exercises 4 x a day, 20 reps but can't tolerate that now so only 2x a day. OS called me after I emailed him and ordered Tramadol to take with the Percocet to help control the pain so I can work on getting the bend back. Haven't taken tramadol before so I hope this helps. Sent...
  6. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    Maybe that's the case with me. I've been giving myself Lovenox injections daily to prevent blood clots and today was my last injection. Maybe it will get better soon! Thank you for the hope!!
  7. meechmom

    MUA 3 Weeks post MUA- still not getting ROM!

    I'm getting frustrated with my recovery. :( This is my 2nd TKR (RTKR 1-30-13) and I thought my 2nd time around (LTKR 7-28-14) would be easier or at least the same. This one is more tight, painful and only can get to 80% ROM the last 2 weeks. I thought by now I would have some improvement. I'm...
  8. meechmom

    Knee Scars - Post Your Badges of Honor Here! NO CHIT-CHAT please

    3 weeks post op! Surgeon had to make a half circle incision instead of the standard right in the middle due to a prior ACL surgery .
  9. meechmom

    PKR 11 months post op problem...

    Congratulations on making it through the first night! I won't lie, it's not easy but day by day, you will get a little better. I'm 3 weeks post op with a LTKR. My RTKR was in January 2013. This was one was a little different because of a prior surgery in 1980 for an ACL. The surgeon had to cut...
  10. meechmom

    Pre Surgery meal

    Hi, I'm having my LTKR on Monday, 7-28-14. My surgery isn't scheduled until 4 pm, have to be there at 2pm. I'm of course concerned about not eating after midnight and no water either, it will be 104 here in Fresno, CA on Monday! I think I'm more concerned about not having water than eating since...
  11. meechmom

    I can hardly believe I'm going to do this...

    I've been having 2nd thoughts too and am so glad i found this thread and I haven't cancelled! LTKR scheduled for 7-28-14. Had my RTKR 1-30-13 but my knee was really bad. My left knee is not as bad but I know it will get there soon. Both were/are bone on bone. I wanted to lose a little weight...
  12. meechmom

    Newbie needing new knees

    I never heard if age requirements for a TKR. I was 54 with first first TKR and am now 56 and having my right one done 7-28-14. Both mine were bone on bone. Best of luck to you. Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  13. meechmom

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    Hi There! Yes, I think I'm ready! My RTKR was in January 2013 so it's still fresh in my memory! lol How about you??
  14. meechmom

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    1 more week for me!! July 28th, LTKR. Can hardly wait! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
  15. meechmom

    2014 July Sparklers - Are you having knee surgery in July?

    I'm in Fresno too. My LTKR is scheduled for 7-28. I'm 56 and had my RTKR in January 2013 and it is doing great! I hoping and praying the left goes just as smooth! Sent from my iPad using BoneSmart Forum
Back
Top Bottom