Recent content by mcirish

  1. mcirish

    Bilateral Supraspinatus Tendons-Complete Rupture x 2!!!

    Hello Fellow Shoulder Surgery Candidates and Survivors. I was active in the forum several years ago for a left partial knee implant and now I'm back again with complicated shoulder issues. :gaah:The majority of the damage to both shoulders were done in 2012 in separate softball games. I chose...
  2. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Wait they put it in upside down......jk looks great man. Congrats. Who was the maker of the implant?
  3. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Lol not sure about the whole elite thing. I kind of see it as an apprenticeship before a TKR or whatever cool solution they have for knee replacements in 10 years, knock on wood.!
  4. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Hey Matt, I can't see your operation hx via the mobile app, but I believe this is your first knee replacement? This is much more intensive than normal knee surgeries. The doc just removed a couple of chunks of bone from your body and there was significant blood loss. Not as much as a TKR of...
  5. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Sorry just saw that you had the same idea as me.
  6. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Yes, the laterals are pretty rare. So hard to get information/answers that are specific to a lateral PKR. Another forum friend Josh aka @RedRider had a lateral w/ a PF done. He's very knowledgeable with the technical aspects of the procedure and a good all around guy. He has had a very...
  7. mcirish

    Knee Infection* Tattoos

    Hey Matt, went searching for some answers and stumbled on your story. Had my left lateral done 3.5 years ago. It has been a definite challenge, but given I had few other options, it's been pretty good. Glad to see you're doing so well after your procedure and not letting it keep you from the...
  8. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    Well, first thing, congrats on the pending new arrival. Truly a blessing....and very stressful at times!:sos: ....of course this goes without saying, but your life will never be the same. I pray that he/she will not be colicky. :heehee: If you have a little girl you can look forward to moments...
  9. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    Hey Josh long time bud! Just sitting here waiting for a dental appointment and got a notification of your new post. First time in a while. I went on a 9 miler about 6 weeks ago and a full 2 days after knee got VERY angry and swelled up to the size of a cantaloupe. I freaked out, but stayed...
  10. mcirish

    PKR I'm Here.... PKR left lateral complete!

    @RedRider haha, yea that's what my OS said as well. The way it was explained to me was that my kneecap is tracking along a different path now and that, along with the shaving that occurred is causing the symptoms. So really, what I am feeling is probably being caused by contact made by the edges...
  11. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    @RedRider lol I think whining and complaining means you are like everyone else. 6 months in I wouldn't worry about percentiles of recovery. Just continue to grind if you can. If you have any concerns I wouldn't worry about falling behind, pushing it or overdoing it to try and keep up with...
  12. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    Not at all tbh. Was struggling to get gym time in for the past few months. Lucky to get in 2 workout sessions per week. I have taken to wearing exercise bands around the house and work just to get some sort of workout. It does draw some weird looks from people. This is weird, but i have started...
  13. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    Just thought I'd check in. Sounds like you are doing fantastic Josh. Keep it up. I am still battling with consistency as far as keeping up my quad strength. Hard to do with a highly energetic 3.5 year old heck-raiser. I joined an after-work fitness club. Only been less than a week, but I can...
  14. mcirish

    PKR I'm Here.... PKR left lateral complete!

    @RedRider hey pal, thanks for checking in. Sorry for my absence. Get so busy with life (especially the little princess) I just lose track of things. Things are going okay with the knee. It's definitely a journey and not a destination. Still have much discomfort with the kneecap when trying to...
  15. mcirish

    PKR Red Rider's 60k mile tune up

    ha ha not sure about the Obi-wan status. Just a guy trying to recover from a knee replacement surgery.:fingersx: TBH I have been having some issues lately with continued tenderness under/around the kneecap and just trying to work through it. I have also been having ALOT of discomfort on the...
Back
Top Bottom