Guest viewing is limited

PKR I'm Here.... PKR left lateral complete!

Status
Not open for further replies.
@RedRider yea, just been a little busy. Life and work ya know. Knee is just about 100. Got full extension back, it just took a while for the quads to start firing again. I did hear the rumor about your impending surgery and I felt the same fear and apprehension. Watching the stupid procedure on youtube did not help one bit, but I had to watch it, you probably know how it is right? Just got to distract yourself and let go as best you can. Trust your doc and know that everyone is sending good thoughts your way and your loved ones will be waiting when you are on the other side. You won't feel a thing :)

The evening after you get home or maybe the next day your appetite will come back with a vengeance. Protein shakes, Lucky Charms lol. I had a thick, rare New York steak too. Best I ever had! Weird. I kind of miss that time in my recovery. Almost like being reborn. Welp, getting late, will write more tomorrow. Take care my man.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
So happy to hear of your progress!
For me, fear and apprehension...check. Youtube video...check!

The post op lucky charms will give me hope though

So about an update on the aforementioned scale? Here's were you were in July:

Current status:
Pain/discomfort Level: 3
Physical ability: 3
Gait: 5
Stability: 8
 
Sir @mcirish what's the good word?

I'm a week out today; sticking to the ol' familiar routine: ice, elevation and rest. Knee is doing real well though.

Time to bestow your infinite wisdom upon us!

Red Rider's current status:
Pain/discomfort Level: 3
Physical ability: 3
Gait: 2
Stability: 3
 
@RedRider hope you are kicking butt in your recovery aka doing next to nothing lol. Just letting your better half and family take care of you. For me it was the first time I had to watch entire movies since Maya was born. Fired up Amazon Prime and had a Tom Cruise festival including Jack Reacher, Minority Report and Oblivion. The guy may be odd but is an underrated actor. Hard to believe that was almost 1 year ago.

My knee is still a mixed bag. I am so busy with work and daddyhood that every time I get my knee to feeling close to 100% I slack off. Then my knee will subtly remind me there is still work to do. I can tell there is still some healing going on in there. Still get some slight deep bony stress pain after a good work out, but increasingly minor. Still getting used to the improved gait.

Hope you and yours are doing well. I will try to show up more often to check in with you.... @DogLoverx3 and @icep707 where you guys at? Think about you guys often. @1ELISEA what's up with the Sea Chickens? @kneeper how are you doing? @Josephine how are you doing Ma Bear? Leaving a bunch out, but you are all in my heart if not my head.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Sounds like you're doing well @mcirish & getting on with normal life. :thumb:
I'm similar--I'm able to carry on daily life without thinking about it much unless I try to do too much. but it takes more to qualify as "too much" as I go on.
 
Loving the new avatar picture @mcirish ! Good to hear from you and that your knee is generally doing well. You're so busy that it must be hard to keep up on the exercises. I'm hopeful that the days that you don't even think about your knee (or rarely do) are getting more and more frequent. Any progress is good progress!

I'm still in the 1% group sadly. I've switched surgeons (yes, again) and this one at least is interested in trying to find out what the cause of my continued pain and swelling is instead of just throwing pain meds at it. I've done another round of bloodwork to check for infection and am being sent for something called a 3 part bone scan involving radioactive something being injected into my arm and taking a series of x rays over a 3 hour period. Try to contain your jealousy. ;-) Other than that, I just try to get on with things. I do sport my bright red DonJoy reaction brace though most days. Quite the conversation starter!

So glad to hear from you Tom! Keep up the great work!
 
Holla !!!!!! JK, I am alive and well. been checking on red rider lately. he seems to be doing great. hope you are as well. your daughter reminds me of my 4 year old granddaughter. I spoil her every time I see her. a toy or outfit,everytime . I need to stop that. I think its because my son rarely sees her. I over compensate.my knee is great , unbelievable I work 40 hours a week at Costco than go straight to the gym afterwards. no pain in knee. 50 years old is now the new 30. I feel great however very tired as Costco has been a madhouse for the last 10 days and will be till Christmas. Are you at the same job ? well pal , take care Iceman
 
@1ELISEA what's up with the Sea Chickens?

Good to hear from you @mcirish

:shocked::shocked::shocked::shocked:
I am shocked at the lack of respect for the Super Bowl winners.

The team is not jelling like last year. Wilson needs to throw better, and they really do need to protect Wilson more and give him time to throw the ball.

There are a lot of starters out: broken feet, hamstrings, bad backs, they are in their 20's and sound like an old team in their 30's. That and refs who don't recognize pass interference....

Well, that and every team is waiting for them; being the Super Bowl winners and all. The last half of the schedule is much tougher than the first so............. guess we'll see where they wind up.
 
So how's that mixed bag of a knee been holding up @mcirish? I can't wait for springtime here in So. Cal; recovery is gonna shift into the next gear.
 
@RedRider hey pal, thanks for checking in. Sorry for my absence. Get so busy with life (especially the little princess) I just lose track of things. Things are going okay with the knee. It's definitely a journey and not a destination. Still have much discomfort with the kneecap when trying to come up from a squatting position . I probably should have gone your route and had the middle compartment done. I have no pain at all in the lateral compartment with the exception of the occasional bony stress pain after some heavy duty activity (like last night after moving a new 3-piece entertainment center into our house....by myself:bignono::holysheep:). I used a dolly, but there was a lot of wrestling and finessing to get it up a short flight of patio stairs. Definitely felt it afterwards. But ice, advil and a good night's sleep took care of it.

How goes it with you? Glanced over your most recent posts and saw you just throttled down off your pain meds. Such fun. I slept for about 2 hrs over a period of 2 days when I went off my narcs.

Will check in later. Got to get back to it, make some money. Maya needs some dance lessons!:wave::bawl:Kids are expensive! lol

@DogLoverx3 check your FB notifications! I think that was you anyway.:chinstroke:FB book was doing there usual "do you know these people?" aka FB Forced Friendship Program. Usually it's a bunch of strangers, but I recognized your smiling face. Connect if you are so inclined....not that I use FB very much, but there you have it.
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Dude, so what's the deal with the "sand under your kneecap"? I got something similar going on and was curious about your symptoms. It's like fine gravel but only occurs at a specific range of flexion. It's not really painful, but definitely resonates through my knee. Is yours anything similar to that? I asked the doc about it and he pointed to scar tissue that will gradually dissipate.
 
@RedRider haha, yea that's what my OS said as well. The way it was explained to me was that my kneecap is tracking along a different path now and that, along with the shaving that occurred is causing the symptoms. So really, what I am feeling is probably being caused by contact made by the edges of my kneecap on my femur head/implant, but it radiates so it just feels like it is all over (the underside) of the kneecap. I guess the big difference is that my grinding hurts! It really only affects me when the knee is bent at or around 90 degrees, when I squat down or rise from a sitting position. Although it seems to have improved, it still hurts like a mofo, but either I am getting use to it or it is actually healing. Regardless, not many options now. Just have to continue to work through it, mind over matter as they say.
 
Status
Not open for further replies.

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom