Recent content by Mcdclaims

  1. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Well it's been a little bit since I have posted have been quite ill with my stomach. Apparently all the medicine I have been taking for my tkr has turned my stomach upside down. Couldn't eat to much the last 2 weeks had stomach pain and also a metal taste in my mouth. So my Gastro did an...
  2. M

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    Janet I so happy for you that is great! it also gives me hope!
  3. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Hello everyone tried to work more hours this week and I guess my knee is not ready I am a practice manager for a medical office and find I cannot sit at my desk for very long my knee does not like to hang down for hours on end. Like 4 hours going into my 10 week and I thought I would be back at...
  4. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Well I had a tough weekend, it was rainy and cold and damp so I sure that had a effect. Just wondering how long the weather is a factor to the new knee? Going into my 9th week and just wondering when things might seem to be somewhat normal? Right now I can a chore and then have to take a break...
  5. M

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    It must have been something in the air last night I couldn't get comfortable or sleep at all. I will keep your Aunt in my prayers.
  6. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Well I think I might be seeing a light at the end of the tunnel. Thursday night I got up to go the bathroom and all of sudden I was walking without a limp my knee felt pretty good and that lasted until Fri afternoon. After pt a few hrs of work and some grocery shopping it was time to ice...
  7. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Thank you so much Janet for your feedback! I have also called the OS to see what he thinks about aquatic therapy. Six hours of painting that was a huge task. Will keep pushing along thanks again have a restful day!
  8. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    8 weeks today since my tkr flexion is at 105 ext -3 I guess I am headed in the right direction. Pt told me yesterday at this point I half to.keep moving! Which I have been doing went back to work 15 hrs a week plus pt 2 times per.week and find I still need that.day off in betwwnso just wondering...
  9. M

    TKR gr82cu2 Hello new knee, it's great to see you!

    Amen amen I say to that, I was told the same thing by 6 months you'll feel like a new person! If I can make it till then. Thank you for the the advice and recommendations you have made to me and also for answering me so quickly! I will pray you have a smooth recovery with your second tkr!
  10. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Just wondering how long people do pt after a tkr sometimes I think I feel better when I haven't done pt for a few days. I can.say I seem to have a few good days a week. Still have a good amount f swlling after activity. Things seem to be getting easier just at a very slow pace.
  11. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Forgot one other thing my knee seems to fall asleep easy also is that everything just trying to heal?
  12. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Went back to work part time mon wed fri really need the day off between it has been a great help. I seem to be making good progress rom was over 100 with flexion and ext is between 0 -3. Some days can walk with out the cane and the pain is much less. Still stiffness and tightness is that...
  13. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Well I went back to work on Mon for 4 hrs and did pt and worked 4 hrs on Tues and my pain was thru the roof last night! I haven't taken oxycontin 10mg for a few weeks and had to take it last night. Not working again till Friday. I have noticed that when it's going to rain I get a terrible...
  14. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Thanks again for all the support and recommendations! I do continue to ice multiple times a day, also resting the leg and elevating when not doing something. This am seems as though I'm walking better but is doesn't take long before the tightness and stiffness settles in, is that all normal and...
  15. M

    TKR 5 weeks post tka and feeling frustrated

    Starting to have a good amount of pain at the top of my knee where it meets the quadriceps, if it wasn't for that starting to feel much better any ideas of what might be happening?
Back
Top Bottom