Recent content by MathProf

  1. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    I think it was denied because the dr. ordered the scan based only on a blood test. I'll have the CT scan and go from there. But I DO plan to write this down in my knee journal, so I can remember the details later if I need to. Keeping a journal was something I did when I had cancer in 2009...
  2. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    Okay, so I know this isn't related to my knee, but it is a health update. After 4 phone calls today to my oncologist's office - my insurance denied a PET scan, so I have a CT scan scheduled for Thursday and will see the doctor for results on 11/27. I have 2 bottles of 'yummy' berry-flavored...
  3. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

    What really sucks, IMHO, is that the FL legislators think they know more than the doctors!!!! This new law they passed is ridiculous, and from what I understand, a lot of the opioid problem started with the drug companies and their willingness to send 2000 pills to a town of 100 people every...
  4. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    I have thought of that poster often during this recovery, but especially on those days when the antibiotics and something I have eaten decide to give my tummy fits. Or when the yogurt isn't 'quite' doing its job. On those days I really do feel like I am hanging on by my fingernails!
  5. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

    @arizonaone Depression is awful - I have been in a funk lately but was at an event on Ft. Myers Beach on Saturday and just seeing the gulf made me feel better. @Cementless was right, you are not alone - we are here for you!
  6. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    @Madbkseller I had Stage I breast cancer in 2009. The oncologist thinks it is probably nothing - after all its been 9 years, but 'thinks' its nothing, isn't nothing. So we wait. Things are complicated by the fact that I have State of Illinois insurance (as a retiree who is less than 65) and...
  7. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    PET scan on Monday has been delayed since they couldn't get insurance approval before the weekend. I really don't think my cancer is back, but the cancer marker that I was tested for was at an all-time high, and I just would rather be safe than sorry. I walked too far last night on our walk...
  8. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

    I also use the phone to remind me of when to take my antibiotic...and the shoes...I would never have thought of that, but it makes sense. So sorry about your fur baby. That is just too darn bad. :(
  9. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    We started walking on October 27 with a 16 minute walk around our condo association (2 blocks wide and 1 block long). We have missed 2 days, and on one of those I went to the pool and walked in the pool for 1/2 hour. After the first we one night we went for about 20 minutes and I was in pain...
  10. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

    With my knee, fine. Scheduled a PET scan yesterday to be sure the breast cancer isn't back. During all of my various blood tests, one of the PA's in IL (who had worked for an oncologist) suggested we retest a cancer marker and it was high. I don't really think there is a problem, but we are...
  11. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

    How are things today?? I don't have any advice for you - and I wish I did. I've decided I have a pretty high pain tolerance level (which explains 4 years with an infection before I really started to gripe!). So any pain meds I have been on have always been effective, and always been easy to...
  12. MathProf

    Knee Infection* I have been told I have an infection

    Today was a big day for appointments, as I am at the 5 month mark since my surgery. ID was very positive about how things are going, and even said I might get to stop the antibiotics in February. No signs of infection at all; CRP was at 5.0, and all other blood work spot-on normal! Then later...
  13. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

    I agree with everybody about not pushing. But I also understand how much you want to be 'normal' again. I just got back from my ID appointment. Everything looks great. I see the OS later today and I'll post a full update on my page. Let hubby go on his trip - think about the peace and quiet...
  14. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Alternatives to spacer & antibiotics<

    When I have had back trouble, even the chiropractor suggested to alternate ice and heat on my back. Like 20 minutes of ice, then 20 minutes of heat. You might call yours and explain why you can't come in and see if he could suggest anything over the phone. I hope that helps!
  15. MathProf

    Knee Infection* Stage Two Revision Completed

    So glad to hear that things look better today. My OS did a 1 stage revision on June 4, so my ID has kept me on antibiotics ever since. I see both OS and ID on Friday - waiting for yesterday's blood test results. Hubby and I walked last night for 5 minutes more than we had been doing, and I am...
Back
Top Bottom