Recent content by Marbles

  1. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    Hi, I still hardly ever ice, I really don't like it! As far as puppies go, you'll have to use your womanly wiles to get your way!! We've been without kids and dogs for 10 years due to living overseas, and I'm so happy to have this puppy. New to town, not working, new knee but Bertie has been so...
  2. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    Although I am pretty satisfied with how I'm doing, I have to admit to some frustration. I can walk well and I'm less limpy all the time BUT I'm still struggling with my knee being quite swollen. It is restricting the range of movement (at about 100 degrees) and when I do "too much" in my...
  3. Marbles

    TKR 5 months post op and recovering well from TRKR

    This not showering thing must be tough, I was able to shower the day after surgery. My surgeon put me back together with internal stitches, a staircase of steristrips with this nifty waterproof, honeycomb shaped bandage over the top. Steristrips came off day 3/4, new honeycomb covering put on...
  4. Marbles

    TKR 5 months post op and recovering well from TRKR

    My surgery was in NZ and length of stay is 5-7 days, I got out day 4, which I felt was about right... for me. I loved my hospital bed and the catheter!! Once I had to get up to go to the loo I thought, might as well go home where the food and company is better. I'm a good sleeper, but even...
  5. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    Hi, I'm at 5 weeks today. I'm using crutches, 2 when my knee is stiff first thing in the morning and when I go outside, 1 when I'm moving around the house and none when I need to prove something to myself! I'm pretty bored too but between TV, reading and teaching myself how to knit (that's not...
  6. Marbles

    Would a hide-a-bed work after TKR until I can get upstairs?

    If you can swing it, I would think a hospital bed would be awesome. I didn't find night-times too awful, but I missed my hospital bed when I got home!
  7. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    Hey Campervan, we were in Queenstown in 2015 too, just for that year before husband's job moved us to Dunedin. My surgeon here was John Matheson. Lucky you moving back north, I'm still trying to settle in here but 'home' is Tauranga. Must say I'm looking forward to this recuperation period...
  8. Marbles

    TKR Panic after surgery<

    Reading the above I'm glad I didn't have staples! Internal stitches and steristrips, steristrips came off day 3 or 4.
  9. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    It seems that it was the healing wound that couldn't tolerate the ice pack, tried it again the last couple of days and it was much better. Live and learn. Things going ok with Albert the puppy, but it's full on, struggling to get much leg up rest, he's excellent company though At the moment...
  10. Marbles

    TKR One year after surgery

    I am so with you on the stupid socks, wore them for 3 weeks, but then was supposed to carry on wearing them at night for I don't know how long, after a week they had their final wash and they're gone , much more comfortable now. Moving in bed is easier, and no more constricting rolls. At 4 weeks...
  11. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    I use or rather don't use a gel type ice pack, wrapped in a towel, so 2/3 layers of light towelling, then my leggings and it's horrid, especially on the scar. Now that the scar has healed I'll try it again. I have improved the elevation technique as per instructions on here and it feels a lot...
  12. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    Feb 7 2017 LTKR Looks like I've posted this thread twice, I'm sorry
  13. Marbles

    TKR 3 months after LTKR

    I'm posting from NZ, not many of us on here but knees are knees on both sides of the equator! It's been pretty straightforward up to now, 4 days in hospital and was pretty pleased to go home. We're fairly new to this city (Dunedin) so my sole support has been my husband, he can cook so that's a...
  14. Marbles

    TKR Valentines Day Rt TKR

    I'm just a week ahead of you, and things seem to be going ok. I see a physio once a week just to keep me honest, I'm encouraging my new knee to bend and straighten pretty much constantly. Flexion was 93 when I left hospital and I don't think it has improved hugely, although getting into the car...
  15. Marbles

    TKR Getting really concerned<^

    I haven't been able to add details to my signature either LTKR Feb 7 2017 If there's someone out there who can do it for me I'd appreciate it..
Back
Top Bottom