Recent content by Mai5ie

  1. Mai5ie

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    First anniversary of my PKR is almost upon me. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how different I feel. Surgery has given me back my life! Yay!!!!
  2. Mai5ie

    Hello from Peter: Bilateral TKR

    First anniversary of my PKR is almost upon me. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how different I feel. Surgery has given me my life back! Yay!!!!!!
  3. Mai5ie

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    @Azeela I can identify with your nausea problem. I was shocked to find that I felt sick for days after my PKR, it was something I wasn't prepared for. Luckily, mine was relatively short lived. Hang in there, things will get better.
  4. Mai5ie

    Hello from Peter: Bilateral TKR

    @ConnieJOS Hope your recovery continues to go well. You're an inspiration.
  5. Mai5ie

    TKR Partial Replacement 10/21

    @Azeela My thoughts are with you. I had my PKR 8 months ago. You can read my story on Mai5ie is finally on the other side if you're interested. Best wishes.
  6. Mai5ie

    Hello from Peter: Bilateral TKR

    @ConnieJOS I'm totally in awe of you! When I think of the nerves and worry I put myself through before my PKR, I feel a total lightweight in comparison. 8 months on, I'm feeling wonderful though.
  7. Mai5ie

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    Haven't logged on here for a while. Eight months on, I don't give my knee much thought any more. I'm back at work full time and feel great. My scar has reduced to a thin, white line, about five inches long. I no longer have a limp or any pain. A small area of my knee is still numb, but much...
  8. Mai5ie

    Hello from Peter: Bilateral TKR

    @ConnieJOS Wow Connie! 4 joint replacements in 8 months!! Definitely a bionic woman. Hope all is well. xx
  9. Mai5ie

    PKR August 11th

    I had my PKR in April. My ROM is excellent and I feel really well. Kneeling is uncomfortable for me though, not something I choose to do.
  10. Mai5ie

    Calling all April replacements!

    Hi all. Just catching up with other 'April knees'! I feel FANTASTIC. I've spent the last few days decorating - lots of painting, stretching, climbing on and off chairs... I feel wonderful. Going to the gym twice a week to try and build up my stamina, but so glad I had this op.
  11. Mai5ie

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    @71Beetle Hi Lisa, I'm very well thank you. It's remarkable; I feel like a new person. I feel well, have no pain and I'm walking better than I have for years! I've been back at work for a few weeks now, on a phased return, but schools here finish in a day or two for the summer. I'll go back...
  12. Mai5ie

    TRKR in 18 days!

    @DianeJ Best of luck with your upcoming surgery. I think you'll find that the waiting and anticipation is the hardest part. You'll be fine.
  13. Mai5ie

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    @71Beetle School finishes for the summer on 21st July and I'll be off then until the new term starts at the beginning of September.
  14. Mai5ie

    I am the biggest wimp... so afraid. I feel like hiding and running away

    No-one was more afraid of surgery than me. In retrospect, the waiting was the hardest part. Once I got to the hospital I was swept along by caring staff, who totally put my mind at ease and helped me through everything. 12 weeks on, I feel wonderful. I'm so glad I had my PKR. I've got my...
  15. Mai5ie

    PKR Mai5ie is finally on the other side!!!!

    @71Beetle I feel great Lisa, I really do. I've reached the point where I don't give my knee much thought at all when doing day to day stuff. I'm even beginning to manage coming down stairs properly, even though I'm a bit slow! I start a 16 week exercise program at my local gym next week, after...
Back
Top Bottom