Hello from Peter: Bilateral TKR

@Mai5ie I was a bundle of nerves with the first one, too, but it got easier with the next ones. When I got the first one done, I realized that I would never realize rhe benefit of the surgery as long as I'm hobbling around with my other joints, so I asked the doctor to do them as close together as he felt would be safe. It's been quite a ride, but I'm moving right along.
 
Thanks for creating this forum - it obviously helps so many people.
You're very welcome and welcome to the family! Take a dive into the Library - lots to read in there!
he is using an Oxynium Verilast knee, or what many call "the 30 year knee"
Just in case other readers might feel they've been short changed if they didn't have a Verilast knee, all of them are predicted to last around 30 years nowadays, and that's a conservative estimate!
 
First anniversary of my PKR is almost upon me. I can't believe how quickly the time has gone and how different I feel. Surgery has given me my life back! Yay!!!!!!
 
@Mai5ie ,

Congratulations! I had my left knee replaced 5 months ago (Oct 21, 2014) and I too feel fantastic! I can't wait to have the other one done...supposed to be this month...April 2015...waiting for a date. Anyway, it's also really changed my life and I only have half of my body back...I can't wait for the second. Nice to hear that the year mark also marks another significantly different point in healing.
 

Staff online

Members online

Back
Top Bottom